MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Split reviews

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split reviews
    Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 4:10pm
So, how exactly should we deal with split reviews? I think m@x suggested that one should review each band in a different review, but I'm afraid that's not a good way to produce a coherent review of a release.

Should we just add the same review to both (or more) band profiles? The problem is that the front page would look bad with two same reviews showing up. But still I think it's the best solution. When reviewing a split, there could be a "Hide from front page" button which could be choosed when copypasting the duplicate review? Don't know, just a fast idea that came to my mind.

Any thoughts?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 3:32pm
I agree here. It�s almost impossible to write two different reviews concerning the same release. I think we should allow to dublicate reviews if a hide option is possible, because I also agree that seing the same review on the frontpage twice is not a good option either.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 5:33pm
I definitely think the same review should be posted twice for the sake of the reviewer's sanity and the general quality of the review itself. Having the same review on the front page twice does indeed look bad, but maybe the reviewer could save one of the two reviews as a draft, and post it once the other one is off the front page. Of course, this is probably a bit tedious, but probably saves M@X and the other admins some stress. Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic