MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lamb of God

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lamb of God
    Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 5:59pm
I have two albums like them imensly probably one of my favourite bands in Groove Metal Tongue fixed

one thing I like about them is ther leve of techniqality on their individual instruments, great interplays and melodic but sitl brutal if they feel for it (most of the time)

I have their two latest albums

Sactrament and Wrath sometimes they can be as complex as Meshuggah in their best times but also as brutal as the most brutal death metal bands.

Walk with me In Hell is my favourite song

any other fans of Lamb here

Edited by Balthamel - 06 Jun 2010 at 2:06pm
Citizen Erased View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Erased Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 12:52pm
I'd not call them particularly death metal, but they're pretty good in moderation (for me :P).

I'm a noob and so Laid to Rest is their best song to my ears.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 12:57pm
I would label them somewhere between modern thrash metal and at times metalcore. To label them death metal is misleading IMO.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 2:07pm
In any case, they're an effing great live band. I saw them last year in Copenhagen warming up for Metallica.
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 3:20pm
Not death metal whatsoever. They're basically metalcore, though admittedly more thrashy/groovy than a standard one.

I guess they're alright. I don't particularly listen to them but I'm down for a few listens when I'm in the right mood.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 3:57pm
^I feel just about the same. I don�t think I would spend money on their releases but I�ve loaned them more than one time to hear what the fuzz was all about.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 4:18pm
^ I own none of their albums, and I'm not a fan at all. But I do think they're a good live band. And I agree, they're not a death metal act.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:35am

this show how much they lay into their groove and rythmic workout of songs and nice addition of synths

cool to hear how complex the bass lines are
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:40am
The drummer is amazing. I�ve written reviews of their two latest albums ( not posted yet) and the drumming is definitely what stands out IMO.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 4:40am
They've made some awsome tracks, to be sure. Maybe I'll end up owning some of their albums after all... ;-) And to reiterate: they're a friggin' great live band.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 2:58pm
I'm not a huge fan, but (like Jonas) I've checked out some of their stuff from the library on multiple occasions.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:33pm
I like them.
Kinda hurts now that they are big and have throngs of fanboys, but whatever.

My favorite album is Ashes of the Wake. Next is Wrath. Their other stuff is all good but nothing too spectacular. I enjoy listening sometimes though, for sure.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:35pm
And I have no clue what they are LOL

I had them originally labeled as death metal, but thats not right at all.
For a while it was groove metal, but I think I finally just put it under "Heavy Metal" same with Pantera.

I still am not sure if I believe in groove metal as a sub genreLOL

topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 6:52pm
^Groove is really not a self-sufficient genre IMO, if you know what I mean. It's really just slowed-down thrash, maybe with a few other elements too.

As for Lamb of God, they belong in metalcore.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 1:26am
Yeah somewhere between thrash and metalcore. For now they are placed in thrash because of the groove element.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 1:56am
*shivers*

I suppose metalcore is possible but yeah, I dont like groove metal since its basically mid tempo thrash with more...groove, then technicality. AKA Pantera and LoG LOL I do not see it as its own sub genre.

Regardless, I do enjoy LoG.

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 2:28am
I have both Wreck and the one thats in my avy
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 9:17pm
Sacrament (your avy) was actually my least favorite, though it wasn't bad.

And yeah, I think thrash metal is fitting. Closest fitting sub genre and really, just because they are fairly mid tempo and have a lot of groove doesn't mean they aren't still thrashy! Rawks

Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:18am
they have even touched into Tech/Extreme metal, and even some prog elements can be found in some of their songs.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Balthamel Balthamel wrote:

they have even touched into Tech/Extreme metal, and even some prog elements can be found in some of their songs.

A bit yes.
Good band that I think doesn't get quite the credit they deserve.
Either because fanboys have no idea what they're talking about or people discredit them....

There is some good technicality and even prog moments in the music!
Also glad they are soloing more.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image