MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offensive T-Shirts that get you arrested

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offensive T-Shirts that get you arrested
    Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 10:48am
Looks like this Municipal Waste shirt is causing quite an uproar

but is it that offensive that it should join the ranks of these
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_illegal_T-shirts

What do you guys think? Any Municipal Waste Fans in the house willing to defend?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 10:54am
I don't listen to Municipal Waste, but I don't get the idea of banning a t-shirt.  I know there are inappropriate times to wear a controversial shirt, and it's all a matter of taste and good judgement on how you dress anyways.

It seems like every other metal band has at least 1 shirt design as vulgar or worse than the Municipal Waste one, and while I probably wouldn't wear such a shirt I don't see why someone else can't wear it.  At least it isn't horribly sexist or racist. Just a guy puking.  Just don't wear it when you visit grandma unless she's very open-minded or has a odd sense of humour. LOL
evilneverdies View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilneverdies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 7:13am
That would be impossible in my country......
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 8:09am
...definitely couldn�t happen in Denmark either. Thankfully we have a very tolerant law when it comes to censorship.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Just don't wear it when you visit grandma unless she's very open-minded or has a odd sense of humour. LOL

Well it was my late Granma that gave me "Tomb of the Mutilated" by Cannibal Corpse and "Acts of the Unspeakable" by Autopsy for Christmas one year Big smile.
evilneverdies View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evilneverdies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 4:29am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Just don't wear it when you visit grandma unless she's very open-minded or has a odd sense of humour.�LOL

Well it was my late Granma that gave me "Tomb of the Mutilated" by Cannibal Corpse and "Acts of the Unspeakable" by Autopsy for Christmas one year Big smile.

Cause your grandma is TRVE Metal!!!!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 4:46am
Hell Yeahh, she was a cool lady indeed. Headbanger
Cancer took her last Christmas though. Ouch
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 7:43pm
I don't see any problem with that MW shirt.

I wouldn't wear it, but I wouldn't look twice at someone else wearing one.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 6:51pm
A metalhead with a high pressure, face shredding pucannon... It's not even particularly brutal! On the other hand, some Cannibal Corpse shirts/covers cross the line imo. Still, no shirt should be banned unless the artwork is racist, sexist etc. Fetuses covered with blood and guts, hanging like laundry above a disemboweled body are perfectly ok Clown
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 3:58am
LOL Yeah Cannibal Corpse artworks are always pretty brutal
Gabimm View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 3:49pm
Here in my country (Brazil), we do not have this problem. Here we have the samba, we have the national country music, which has the likes of Brazilian popular music (MPB aka), is an eclectic people. But still the rock has little space in the media, there own bars to play rock and accept the local bands, so sometimes people do not know the bands T-shirts. Some people do not even like the skull of Eddie (Iron Maiden), imagine the T-shirts Cannibal Corpse! LOL.
We can use whatever you want, after all, is a democratic country, which receives all creeds, religions and people from all over the world. What I see is some disgust by those who do not like the band / music style, can sometimes have a wry look, but we can use whatever we want. Discrimination is unfortunately not an exclusive one people, in every country has.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic