MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circle II Circle Studio Diary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circle II Circle Studio Diary
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:22am
http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx

Zak Stevens and Mitch Stewart from Circle II Circle send us a studio diary last week.  The entry is on our blog, and i copied here below.  We should have more news and audio clips from the band.  Can't wait to hear the album!

Blog Entry:

Heavy Metal band Circle II Circle is currently recording their 5th studio album �Consequence of Power�.   If you have not seen it, we caught up with singer and band leader Zak Stevens for an interview a few weeks ago where he discusses the album in more detail (Read Interview Here).  

The "concept" album is only set for release in Fall 2010 on Germany�s
AFM Records, but in the meantime, bassist Mitch Stewart sent over a �Studio Diary� describing some of the studio sessions and gives fans a glimpse of what to expect from the new album!

Buy / Listen to Circle II Circle Here

Studio Diary by Mitch Stewart

April 7th, 2010

I'm FINALLY in Tampa! Time to get this CD happening! It's been a LONG time coming. We are set for recording at Sweet Spot Studios in St Petersburg area. I couldn't be happier right now.

I just heard the drum tracks Ozzy (drummer Johnny Osbourne) laid down and WOW! He has taken these songs to a whole new level! Makes a HUGE difference hearing these tracks instead of my drum machine demo tracks! lol We're getting the guitar sounds happening now and I start recording rhythm tracks tomorrow! It's finally time to hear this CD come to life! More to come soon....

April 8th, 2010
I'm about 1/2 way through with the rhythm tracks now and all I can say is this is by far the heaviest and most melodic thing I've ever been a part of! I can't wait to hear this when it's all done!

April 9th, 2010
OK. So all the rhythm guitars are done now and it's "Bass Day" today. So far we have already got the sound happening. Nice thick tone! The more I listen to these bare guitar tracks though, the more I can't help but wonder....How much thicker can the bass make this shit? WOW!
(Later That Evening)
Well...I WAS wondering...It seems this is going to be a matter of "just wait for it." I keep getting blown away by the progress. Every time I think it can't get better, it does. The keys go down tomorrow for my final touches here. That will bring out all the melody stuff and then Zak does his magic. I'm pretty certain he's not going to be prepared for what's happening!!! Can't wait to see the look on his face when he hears how much BETTER this is than demo and pre-production! This CD is gonna be awesome!

April 10th, 2010
All the piano and string sections are done now. VERY pleased! The piano part to the new ballad with the string section is pretty. It's just one of those melodies that when you hear it, it'll get stuck in your head! Jim (Studio Engineer) has been walking around whistling it for a couple of hours now! HAHAHA
THIS JUST IN: I'm tired of "Little Caesar's $5 Take Out Pizza" now. Was good to be able to get large pizzas for 5 dollars, but a few days of it now and I'm ready for something else! LOL
Everything is set for some pre-mixing before Andy and Zak add their touch to the CD.

April 12th, 2010

Been a couple of days since the last entry, but we've been getting these pre-mixes down. This is already my favorite CD of CIIC and I haven't even heard Andy's OR Zak's parts yet. \m/ After a couple days of mixing, I've fallen in love all over again with these tunes. There's everything on this CD! I set out to re-visit some of the older CIIC tunes that are the favorites of the fans....Mixed in with some American Metal as well as bringing in that old Savatage feel. I think "The King" will be pleased when he hears this! :-)

April 14th, 2010
THE ALIEN HAS LANDED! Andy is here now and has his sound set. He's ready to get going on these tunes so I'm going in to produce and be in awe! lol More to come...

WOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!! After listening to 11 brilliant solos, I'm reminded of why Andy has always been my favorite guitarist to play with! I don't know how he does it, but his solos are a part of the song to the point of YOU CAN SING THE FUCKERS! Unreal melodies and fast shredding that tops all our other stuff! If Zak brings this much attitude or more, we're going to have a monster on our hands! Andy Lee, in the words of Wayne and Garth.... "I'm Not Worthy! I'm Not Worthy!"   \m/

April 15th, 2010
PICTURE DAY! yay. lol Well, the gang is all here and together. The guys are all saying hello to the diary! LOL The pics turned out incredible! We did some things that are VERY fucking metal! Off to get some dinner and some celebratory drinks! Andy and myself leave to go back to Mississippi tomorrow. So far it has been a short but AMAZING journey making this beast come to life! It's a huge honor to be a part of such a talented and gifted family! I LOVE MY BAND OF BROTHERS! METAL FUCKIN' TO YA!

--------

We hope to have more news and previews of the "Consequence of Power" album by Circle II Circle shortly.  Thanks to Mitch Stewart, Johnny Osbourne, Zak Stevens and Kathleen Holstead for getting this together.

LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image