MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 releases you are looking forward to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:54am
one more i thought of. the new 30 seconds to mars
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

Originally posted by Tupan Tupan wrote:

The new Angra release with Fabio Lione.

holy fuck angra is doing a new album? damn can't wait they kick ass...... unless it's not confirmed and your just waiting for them to start

Yes, I am waiting them to start...Cry

Fabio Lione will do some shows, but I am hoping to see he as a real member soon!

He did a great job with Kamelot the night I saw them. A couple of times he was a bit pitchy, but I noticed he didn't wear any in-ear monitors/ear plugs. When the music is loud like that, even the best of singers can go slightly off-key occasionally.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 7:23am
Well, not exactly a 2013 recording but certainly a release this year I am very much looking forward to.

Brookvale / Warner Bros. 2LP 180-gram Ltd. Numbered Edition

Limited to 2000 copies worlwide, hand numbered, audiophile quality mastering and pressed on two 180-gram black vinyl discs. The edition i high quality gatefold cover.

Dream Theater formed in 1985 under the name Majesty. The lineup has evolved to become John Petrucci (guitar, founding member), John Myung (bass, founding member), James LaBrie (vocals), Jordan Rudess (keyboards and continuum) and drummer Mike Mangini.

"Proof positive that one can be a virtuoso musician and also have heart, Dream Theater are in impressive form on this album, arguably their best. They do it by never allowing technical flash to overwhelm their songs; there's substance under the style, in the form of ear-catching riffs and aggressive rhythms. The opening 'Pull Me Under' is, quite simply, a great song, from its sparse introduction to its heavy-duty main riff to its memorable lyrics. Dream Theater, as its name implies, is an introspective band, exploring the complexities of the human heart and bringing them to life with songs like 'Learning to Live,' 'Take the Time,' and 'Wait for Sleep.' Unlike many metal bands, they favor an optimistic outlook, as with 'Another Day' and 'Surrounded,' and even the dazzlingly complex 'Metropolis, Pt. 1' is an entertaining listen."

PRE-ORDER for March 2013

A BRAND-NEW item

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 10:41pm
Hey those of you waiting on Time II!  You're going to have to wait until 2014 now to get the second half of the album that should have been released in whole in 2012!

http://www.wintersun.fi/
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 1:37pm
2014 at least...

I'm certainly looking forward to the new Amorphis album.  The samples from the new Stratovarius album also sound pretty good.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Hey those of you waiting on Time II!  You're going to have to wait until 2014 now to get the second half of the album that should have been released in whole in 2012!

I�m getting a bit tired of this "Chinese Democracy" thing they have going for them. Just release the god damn thing now won�t you...Angry
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 5:19pm
Not much longer till Rotting Christ's new album is released. Heard two tracks so far and it sounds like a keeper.
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I�m getting a bit tired of this "Chinese Democracy" thing they have going for them. Just release the god damn thing now won�t you...Angry

I just hope they get the mix right on Time II, since we have to wait a year.

Time I is a great album, no doubt, but the mix is horrible (at least on my cd). Spikey volume levels and guitars buried by the orchestration.

I would be happy (and I'd re-purchase it) if they re-issued Time I and used the audio off of the bonus dvd. The audio on the dvd is much, much better.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 10:33pm
i keep thinking of new releases that are coming out that i'm looking forwanr to.

black tide is demoing stuff for a new album. so whenever a new album surfaces i want to see if they get their heads out of their asses and actualy make a follow up to light from above or continue down the path of post mortem. i still love light from aove and always wanted to see this band grow and continue with the light from above sound.

also a few months ago on some site i read that beyond creation is working on new material. i cant remember where i read it though.

just found out that animals as leaders is doing a new album

VargTheViking View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VargTheViking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Not much longer till Rotting Christ's new album is released. Heard two tracks so far and it sounds like a keeper.

I can't wait for the new Rotting Christ. They haven't disappointed me yet!

Besides Rotting Christ's new album, I'm looking forward to Atlantean Kodex's The White Goddess. I loved The Golden Bough so my hopes are pretty high!
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:52pm
yet another one that i thought of. the new megadeth  album super collider. while i don't think they need a new album yet because they have been putting out albums like every 2 years they will put an album out then tour for the remaining of the year after they put the new album and all of the following year then do another album. even though i think they should wait another year for a new album. That said, it will still be cool to see what they do on it because megadeth is like my 2nd favorite band

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:04pm
Holy shitfuck.  New Summoning.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Summoning/Old_Mornings_Dawn/367272#
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 5:15am
Waiting for the new album of Krokmit�n, Omicron-Omega: http://www.krokmiten.com/news/2012-08-17/krokmitn-announces-next-album-title
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic