MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinion of "Metal Cruises"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Would you commit your Metal dollars to attend a "Metal Cruise"?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [60.00%]
4 [40.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monoblogist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion of "Metal Cruises"?
    Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 9:32am
   I have a (sinking??) feeling that I'll be of the minorty opinion here!  Seems that everyone I know has either taken a cruise of some sort already or is planning to in the future.  And as metalheads, it wouldn't it make perfect sense to "kill two birds with one stone"?!  Perhaps were I to attend a metal cruise I would change my tune, you never know.  But I just can't seem to come up with any unique benefits of taking a cruise of any kind in the first place, let alone paying such a premium see a crap load of bands, many of which I won't be able to enjoy watching perform.   Too many genres for me I guess.  (I'd at least consider a "Thrash Cruise"!-ha)
   Are metal fans these days really THAT open to the full spectrum of metal genres?  Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm too narrow minded about the idea, though I prefer the word "focused".  And as for the "travel" aspect of taking a cruise?... puhhleeez!  I don't equate being led like cattle into awaiting tourist meat grinders for a few hours as "travel".  You want to travel abroad, go "in country" for several days or weeks and really immerse yourself into the culture and you'll never want to go near the tourist areas ever again.
   But whatever your opinion, please feel free to share it here.  I'd be interested in hearing from those who have attended a metal cruise, or any cruise for that matter, who can tell me what exactly they've done aboard a cruise ship that couldn't be accomplished on land.  Must be the scenery?... endless ocean & sky??....

http://monoblogist.blogspot.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:51am
The idea of cruise ships in general have never appealed to me.  If I wanted to see a ton of metal bands, I'd travel to a festival.
monoblogist View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monoblogist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

The idea of cruise ships in general have never appealed to me.
me neither... u surrender your freedom of movement, privacy, and just think of how many typical shows and/or festivals you could attend with all those funds...
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 11:42am
Hmm. I'd possibly go if there were a lot of bands I'm interested in seeing and I had enough money, but for the most part I prefer festivals. It really depends on the situation, though.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 6:42pm
dafuq is dat
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by monoblogist monoblogist wrote:

I have a (sinking??) feeling that I'll be of the minorty opinion here!

Punny!

I think it's a great idea.  I guess I'm one of the few on here who doesn't like festivals all that much.  If I don't like some of the bands that are playing, then I'm just sort of there.  On a cruise, at least I would be able to wander around easier.  Although I have looked and seen that metal cruises cost a LOT of moolah, so for the poll I would still have to vote for "probably not."  Still not a cost effective use of my Metal Funds.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:37am
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

dafuq is dat

Don't tell me you've never heard of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/70000_Tons_of_Metal
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:58am
I think it sounds like a lot of fun, but I don�t have the fonds nor the time to attend such a cruise. As for the diversity of bands, I have no problem with that, as long as there are at least a couple of really great acts that I REALLY want to see among them. I�ll just arrange it, so I�ll take a nap, go for beer or eat my supper, while Limb Biscuit, Manowar or "insert any hidious act you�d like" are playing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic