Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shame On You!!!!????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I'm really not ashamed of music I listen to.  Except for the occasional t-shirt, I really don't do much to advertise what music I listen to.

I often wear metal t-shirts when I teach at university or attend staff meetings with my fellow academics. I'm not ashamed of that and, frankly, people don't seem to care anyway.

I used to work in a Bank many years ago, one day I popped in on a day off in full bikers leathers with cutoff, boots, chains...

...that turned a few heads LOL

I am sure that it is much more acceptable to look like a freak in academia than it is in a bank ;-)
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:31pm
The first CD in my collection alphabetically is a Paula Abdul CD.  Anyone expecting to find a collection of pop and dance CDs after seeing this first one will be in for a major surprise. LOL  Sure there are a handful of other anomalies like that spread throughout, but that one kind of stands out like a sore thumb.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 1:42pm
I like De La Soul and The Beastie Boys - I have a couple of albums from latter.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

I'm partial to a bit of Trip-Hop now and again.

I love some of Massive Attack's stuff as I also do Portishead.

Yeah you know we share that poisonCool

Guys, I tried Dummy, oh how I tried, but couldn't get into it, in fact, I wrote a mad review on my blog xD

http://lifesallaboutmusic.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/portishead-dummy-1994/

Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
VX View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 7:02pm
I was never really a shamed of the music I listen too. However, I do sometimes turn heads when I mention that a great deal of my inspiration and composition techniques often derive from me growing up listening to artists like Madonna, Sting, Michael Jackson, Bjork. Stevie Ray, 2Pac, Eminem, and Eric clapton etc etc. Though I remember mentioning once, when I was into the Black metal / Brutal / Doom scene, that I listened to HIM, and some of the people there gave me this look that said: "something`s wrong with you. Its like your a different person. We dunno you anymore...". Oh memories XD.
www.soundcloud.com/voiceex
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:27am
I know what I like and I like what I know and I don't give a f*ck what anyone thinks - never have done even when I was a schoolboy and liked different music from the rest of my mates. I am not ashamed of my love of Progressive Rock but like Metal equally but then I am a Gemini Wink
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:17am
I'm not ashamed of my music tastes, never been.

I do like stuff like A-ha, Ultravox, Depeche Mode,  a couple of Duran Duran albums (their debut album is amazing IMO), Jamoriquai, Dido, some Joe Cocker or Rod Stewart, Chris Rea, even some Chris Isaak. I do listen to a bit of what people call hair metal (few bands though).

Edited by LittleBig - 11 Nov 2015 at 2:23am
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:29am
I don't know that many metalheads away from here. I know I like Liturgy and Deafheaven and other such non-kvlt groups that I don't really talk about with the metalheads that I do know.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 2:10pm
You know, many dislike The Stones but I don't really mind them. They seemed pretty harmless.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic