MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ozzy solo albums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ozzy solo albums
    Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 10:04pm
I have been getting into the first 2 ozzysolo albums. I would like to know, are any of his other solo albums worth checking out?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 10:25pm
I like many of the songs off later Ozzy albums, but don't think any of his other albums have the consistency of the first two.  I can listen to No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears every now and then.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I like many of the songs off later Ozzy albums, but don't think any of his other albums have the consistency of the first two.  I can listen to No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears every now and then.

Yeah I feel about the same about Ozzy. "Bark at the Moon" has a couple of great tracks that are equal in quality to the tracks on the first two albums, but overall the quality sank already on that album.

Edited by UMUR - 25 Sep 2012 at 1:20am
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 7:04am
i am going to download the ultimate sin because i listened to the song samples on amazon and liked what i heard, but i wanted to get your opinions on here to see if he had any better albums or not before i download it. 

Edited by vmoore - 25 Sep 2012 at 7:12am
Vic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:58am
Damn, you guys are harsh on the Ozz!

For what it's worth I think all his solo albums up to Ozzmosis are worth owning. This is the order I would place them:

1-2. The first two. That's a given.
3. Bark at the Moon (Ok, not like the first two but still AWESOME - amazing guitar work as well)
4. No More Tears (GREAT ALBUM)
5. The Ultimate Sin (uneven but s/t, Shot in the Dark, Killer of Giants man...)
6. No Rest for the Wicked (nice, first album I owned from Ozz and I enjoyed the fuck out of it)
7. Ozzmosis (underrated, quite fresh sounding but perhaps it is only for the fan).
------------------

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:32am
i have already begun listening to the ultimate sin im on killer of giants and so far it is a kick ass album except for thank god for the bomb the repeating chorus can get annoying.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 11:41am
Ozzmosis is one of my fav albums.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 2:08pm
Summer of 1986 was all about Ozzy's The Ultimate Sin and Metallica's Master of Puppets.  I wore those 2 cassettes out that summer.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yeah I feel about the same about Ozzy. "Bark at the Moon" has a couple of great tracks that are equal in quality to the tracks on the first two albums, but overall the quality sank already on that album.

I was extremely disappointed when I heard Bark At The Moon.  The title track is cool, and some neat riffs here and there ("Rock and Roll Rebel" comes to mind), but songs like "You're No Different" "So Tired" and "Slow Down" bummed me out.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 10:42am
im loving the track never off the ultimate sin
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 3:59am
^ Ultimate Sin is one of my favs from that era, otherwise (aside from the first two) I think Ozzmosis is pretty good, some really great songs and song nice work in general from Zakk
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 1:09am
I only like his albums up to 1991's No More Tears. Listen to these first, with the albums after that, some good songs here and there, but IMO quite uneven albums. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:28am
I liked his later albums like Scream and Dark Rain a lot as well. Definately different from his 80s output but i'm glad he moved on from the impossible task of ever replacing Rhoads. I'll be reviewing all the Ozzy albums soon. I've already started
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:31am
isn't it called Black Rain? I listened to it a couple of times, did not do much for me...
MrMan2000 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 12:14pm

Largely this. Do think No More Tears is a step above No Rest for the WIcked (which has barely any good songs IMO). Most of his solo albums have 2-3 good songs then a lot of filler. 

The first two albums are classics - and unique - due solely to the presence of Randy Rhoads. Truly would have liked to have seen where he was headed as an artist as he was doing extraordinary and unprecedented things at an extremely young age. 
Check out my Rock and Roll Soap Box site on YouTube where I opine on various things rock: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJZ37mEgLpKzYvPbXcHQkg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image