MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two similar album entries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two similar album entries
    Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 8:42am

There are two similar album entries for Andromeda Unchained: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/anubis-gate.aspx

As there is a review I�m not sure if I can delete one of them without deleting the review too, so could you delete one of them?
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 8:58am
Interestingly, I clicked the one with the cover artwork, but it took me to the other one. Strange.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 9:00am
I deleted the one that showed no reviews or ratings, but I ended up deleting the review and rating that went with themUnhappy. I am very sorry about that, and don't understand how it could have happened... Clearly a bug. Hopefully M@x will be able to retrieve the review and rating, or they can be posted again. I really apologize about that.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 9:05am
No problem - it's already back. The important thing is that the ghost entry is gone.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 9:10am
*feels very much relieved*Smile
Windhawk View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 12:05pm
A major bug on the system: Albums with similar names of the same type aren't seen as different entries by the database. A task that needs to be looked at. I've had to delete a few such cases and reenter them to the database already.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 1:42pm
I'll find a solution for duplicates albums and keep you informed here Geek
Windhawk View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 2:27pm
Adding release year to the database name might be a viable solution. We will have many albums with the same/similar name - just start thinking compilation albums ;-)
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 3:20pm
I just created an album entry for Astral Doors- Requiem Of Time, and it seems that 2 albums were created at the same time.  I'm not sure what this glitch means, but I noticed that there were two different versions of the album listed on MusicBrainz (a normal and ltd. digipak).  Is that why two releases were created?  I'd delete one, but fear my work would get lost.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/astral-doors.aspx

If I'm not mistaken, both instances link to the same page: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/astral-doors--requiem-of-time.aspx

Edited by Stooge - 19 Apr 2010 at 3:29pm
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 10:03pm
OK... I fixed most of the duplicates in the database. A few left, I'll take care of them tomorrow.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 5:05am
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

A major bug on the system: Albums with similar names of the same type aren't seen as different entries by the database. A task that needs to be looked at. I've had to delete a few such cases and reenter them to the database already.

I'm updating the Rage Against the Machine discography, and they've got three self titled releases, demo from 1991, album from 1992 and video from 1997. I added the info on the album, added some info and a cover on the demo (and moved it from EPs to demos) and added the entire video entry, and now suddenly both the album and demo links take me to the album's page. Has the demo page disappeared entirely?

Edited by Pekka - 22 Apr 2010 at 5:37am
<- Click on this!
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 8:45pm
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 11:28pm
Thanks Thumbs Up
<- Click on this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic