MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MOSH POTATOES The Rock & Roll Cook book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MOSH POTATOES The Rock & Roll Cook book
    Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 1:23pm

hi guys,  thought you find this cool.  we posted the entire interview below, it;s also on http://www.loudtrax.com/Interviews.aspx  

tell us what you think!

---

Long time heavy rocker, Steve "Buckshot" Seabury brings you MOSH POTATOES - The Rock & Roll Cook Book. After 4 years in the making, this book will be released worldwide by publisher Simon & Schuster in November 30, 2010. The book features anecdotes and recipes from some of the biggest Hard Rock & Metal Bands around the world.  We'll also have the "Mosh Potatoes Album of the Month" pick each month on LoudTrax.com

We hooked up with Steve and chatted about his highly anticipated book.

We hooked up with Steve and chatted about his highly anticipated book.

LoudTrax.com  This is a great concept and cool idea!  Tell us how this whole project came together. 

Seabury   Thank you. I was sitting home one night well actually it was really late and I was half in the bag from a good night of drinking. I was flipping through the channels and I came across the Food Network. I had the munchies and cupboards and frig were empty. I was telling my wife that they should have a show late night for people like me. You know the type. People who like to get hammered and like to eat when they are hammered. This show on the Food Network had this guy cooking up a 5 star meal. Lame. So I said to my wife there should be a cooking show or cook book for METAL HEADS. I actually remembered it the next morning and pitched it to one of the bands I was working with and they loved it. I started asking other bands and the next thing I knew I had a sh*t load of kick ass recipes.

LoudTrax.com  What artists are included in the book? 

Seabury  I probably received almost 300 recipes. Simon & Schuster said they wanted me to narrow it down to 150 recipes. I have guys like Zakk Wylde, Lita Ford, Rex from Pantera, Mark from Lamb of God, the guys in Type O Negative, Guns & Roses, Anthrax, Megadeth, Overkill, Testament, Queensryche, Bison BC, Steel Panther, Mudvayne, Life of Agony, Dream Theater and the list just keeps going and going and going. Its a bad ass book with kick ass recipes and the great stories behind their recipes.

LoudTrax.com  From the band�s perspective, it�s not something they get asked everyday.  What was the response from the various bands when you asked them to submit thier recipes?

Seabury  Some of the bands didnt want to do it because they didnt think it was their fans would like it. Cooking isn't Metal enough I guess. Most of the bands loved it. I think a high percentage of musicians including myself started working in the kitchen either washing dishes or cooking when they first started out. Most of the bands I spoke to told me funny stories of them slinging pizza while dreaming about making it famous touring the world. There was a great reaction and you will be surprised with the amount of amazing recipes in this book.

LoudTrax.com  Are you much of a cook yourself?  Are there any of your recipes in the book?

Seabury  I love food and cooking. My first job was working in a restaurant. The job sucked but at least the owner was cool and he let us have a boom box cracked with what ever Metal we wanted to play. So the nights went by fast and the food went out faster. I actually put in a recipe that was a childhood favorite. My Mom used to make it for my sisters and me. Homemade Mac & Cheese. Through the years I have modified it a little but I kept it classic to my Moms. It's the best damn Mac & Cheese in the whole damn universe. Trust me.

LoudTrax.com  These recipes come from rock stars.  They are not really known for their cooking skills.  Do you have any disclaimers if one of these recipes sets something on fire!?

Seabury  I think the recipe I am most afraid of is Lemmy's from Motorhead. Did I even need to say Motorhead? His recipe is out of control. I am scared to death to even try to cook it. I will save it for the fans of the book.

LoudTrax.com  Did you get to taste any of the recipes in the book?

Seabury  This was the best part of putting this book together. Out of all of the recipes I sent to me there was a couple of rules to get into the book. One. I had to be a fan of your band. Two. If your recipe sucked then it wasnt going to make it into the book. I love all kinds of metal to glam to death to stoner to thrash. I have a little of every genre in this book. All of these recipes will kick your ass. That I promise.

LoudTrax.com  Will there be a book tour? 

Seabury Simon & Schuster and I working out some details right now for this. Details to follow and I hope the book stores will have plenty of good beer.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with LoudTrax.com, Rock, Metal, Punk downloads.  We can�t wait to see the book!

Join The Mosh Potatoes Facebook page & Mosh Potatoes MySpace page

LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 1:31pm
That's very interestingSmile! As someone who loves both music and cooking, I'm definitely intrigued by the book, and would like to add it to my collection when it finally comes out. 
LoudTrax.com View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 1:37pm
cool man.  I also can't wait to get a copy, only saw the cover and some recipes.  This is a great idea and thought other people would also find it kicks ass.
LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic