MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Top 10s and lists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dimmu Borgir - list favourite albums best/worst
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dimmu Borgir - list favourite albums best/worst

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dimmu Borgir - list favourite albums best/worst
    Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 2:56am
start with what you think is their best album and follow til the album you like the least

and also try to (if you want) explain why you put albums, what makes ....... album the bad one or what makes ....... album stand out

I think Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is a really strong album and marked as the bands strongest album together with Death Cult Armageddon as the highest rated/ranked overall,

I currently enjoy this band, i have never been shy to like bands which is not popular to the pureist, such things actualy drags me to the bands more as i would like to find out are they that horrrible, and i have been wrong all the time, i like Dimmu, i like Lamb of God and i to some degree respect Korn and Slipknot but im not a fan of ether

but DImmu (and Lamb) i really dig

but what is YOUR favourite Dimmu Borgir album

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Dimmuborgir-st%C3%ADgur.jpg

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 4:21am
I like Abrahadabra which I think is a brilliant symphonic metal album. The fact that the purists hate it just makes me love it even more. My favorite track from that album is even their commercial hit 'Gateways'.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 5:05am
I like it to, i was stage guard on a concert by them on wedensday, really good band even if i stood with the back to the stage 95% of the entire concert
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 12:36pm
Their first two are easily their worst, especially For All Tid.  It sounds way too 2-dimensional.  The re-recording of Stormblast sounded way better than the original.
Nick Dilley View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Dilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:23pm
I like For All Tid!

But I am not all that familiar with their catalog.
Guest View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 10:07pm
i have been listening to all of these guys albums for the last few weeks and i like In Sorte Diaboli the most, followed by Death Cult Armageddon and then Abrahadabra
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:41pm
I haven�t listened to all their albums yet. Everytime I try to listen to their albums I always get annoyed by how polished and synth driven they sound. It�s not at all my type of music. I awknowledge their get skill and influential nature though. I understand what makes them attractive to other people, but they just don�t make me tick. I plan to listen my way through their full discography though, so maybe I�ll find a couple of albums that I�ll like.
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 2:52am
I quite like "Abrahadabra"... I'm even such a brainless mainstream sheep that my favorite track on the album is their video hit 'Gateways'. There are two moments in that song which send shivers down my spine: the insanely angry female vocals and when the band kick in to old school black metal tremolo picking and blastbeating.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 4:52am
they are one of the few BM bands thaterarely/almost never does tremollo, it is mostly djun djun djun, and occationaly djent djent (omg i said it :OOOOO don't kill me, i did not say Dimmu was djent......  ) 

Edited by Balthamel - 04 Jun 2013 at 4:53am
Deadcenter View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadcenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2013 at 6:29am
First two albums had much dark and really obscure atmosphere... so they are the best for me personally.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic