MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Grindcore Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 6:20am
They are the kind of act that�ll sandblast your skin with their caustic aggression Big smile. They are not exactly sophisticated, but damn they are so aggressive...
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 7:25am
That is of course a quality in itself.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 8:25am
They are not prototype grindcore, but more a brutal hardcore act with grindcore leanings. The new album sounds more grindcore influenced than the predecessor though.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 5:35pm

Boy does this thread need a bump.

And im going to bump it with a bang thanks to Watchmaker. Easily one of the most intense grind acts to exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXVPgjjVZnk
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 1:27am
So we DO have a grindcore appreciation thread! I've never looked this far back before.

One of my new favourites Phyllomedusa is on a bit of a binge at the moment, releasing heaps of shit leading up to Halloween. I don't really know why I like this so much, but sometimes it just hits the spot.

Here's the latest one I've reviewed. It's a bit noisy.
https://phyllomedusa.bandcamp.com/album/phyllomedusa-the-destroyer-2
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 9:20pm
Bumping only the best metal genre

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Bumping only the best metal genre

Oh hell yeah! Dead Shall Rise blew me away when I first heard it more than 30 years ago, and I still love it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 9:20am
Love Repulsion and while I was never the greatest Terrorizer fan (at least not of the first album), they are of course a seminal deathgrind act.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Oh hell yeah! Dead Shall Rise blew me away when I first heard it more than 30 years ago, and I still love it.

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Love Repulsion and while I was never the greatest Terrorizer fan (at least not of the first album), they are of course a seminal deathgrind act.

I'd probably have to go with Fear Of Napalm as my favorite, the opening bass grumbling into one of the best grooviest, grindcore riffs just hasn't ever been equaled since. Looking at the rating/reviews here I'm surprised it's mostly above average overall Shocked
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2022 at 11:44am
A couple more grind releases I'm fond of, not quite on the same pinnacle as Horrified or World Downfall, but still oldschool classics.

Unseen Terror's Human Error

Came out in 1987, should be more well known than it is imho.

Fear Of God's Pneumatic Slaughter

Late 80s noisegrind, one of the first and one of the best in the noisegrind/noisecore genre.

Edited by Sheavy - 08 Sep 2022 at 11:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image