MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glad to Be Here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parsifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glad to Be Here!
    Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 6:44am
My name is Andy, I'm the lead guitarist and composer for the Wagnerian metal project, Lyraka. This looks like a great forum, looking forward to participating.
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:18am
Welcome!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:41am
Hi Andy and welcome to MMA. I hope you stick around and get to know people. Any particular artists and sub genres you are primarily interested in?
Parsifal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parsifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:22am
Hey, thanks so much for the welcomes! In my opera Lyraka I have singing for me Graham Bonnet (Rainbow, Michael Schenker Group, Alcatrazz), Mark Boals (Yngwie, Uli Jon Roth, Ring of Fire), Al Atkins (Judas Priest), Veronica Freeman Benedictum), Rob Diaz (Vastator), Liz Vandall (Uli Jon Roth, Sahara), and Tommy Heart (Uli Jon Roth, Fair Warning). So I like all those bands obviously, else they wouldn't be singing my music Smile

I also love King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Manowar, Emperor, Deicide, Burzum, Black Sabbath (all eras), Candlemass, Solitude Aeternus, and of Richard Wagner and Beethoven.
DefinitionOfHatred View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefinitionOfHatred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:03am
Welcome to the website, you're already a legend Tongue
Why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine.
Parsifal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parsifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:05am
Originally posted by DefinitionOfHatred DefinitionOfHatred wrote:

Welcome to the website, you're already a legend Tongue

Only in my own mind.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:16am
Hmm...I see your act is not included on MMA yet. We should do something about that ASAP. Which sub-genre would you say Lyraka would fit in the best? Symphonic?

...we don�t have a genre called Opera metal, so take your pick from the existing sub-genres on the frontpageTongue and I�ll add Lyraka shortly.
Parsifal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parsifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Hmm...I see your act is not included on MMA yet. We should do something about that ASAP. Which sub-genre would you say Lyraka would fit in the best? Symphonic?

...we don�t have a genre called Opera metal, so take your pick from the existing sub-genres on the frontpageTongue and I�ll add Lyraka shortly.

I guess it's Traditional Metal, there's a strong Rainbow Sabbath element on most of the first album. And I'm flattered to have my opera added, thank you.

Edited by Parsifal - 24 Feb 2012 at 10:31am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 11:49am
I�ll add your act to traditional for starters and then see if the traditional heavy metal team think it fits.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 12:02pm
Parsifal View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parsifal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 12:17pm
[QUOTE=UMUR] Added: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/lyraka.aspx[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was quick! I'm kind of speechless, grateful and flattered...all at the same time.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 12:36pm
No problemThumbs Up
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:29pm
Glad to have you here!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 6:45am
Welcome,
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 9:01am
Welcome!  I'd heard of your project, and think I had it somewhere on my long list of artists to add to the site.  Thankfully, Jonas is more on the ball than most of us here and got you on here.  Smile
Dominator View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dominator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 12:42pm
Hails and horns!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic