Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

11-11-11 is National Metal Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11-11-11 is National Metal Day
    Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:31am
I'm not sure if this is just a U.S. thing or just a VH1 thing but November 11th is National Metal Day.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:51am
Yeah, but Vh1 doesn't exactly have metal credibility.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 10:01am
I bet they did the same thing on June 6, 2006.  Or come to think of it, that might have been National Slayer Day. LOL
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

What, you mean you don't want to watch a re-airing of Download Festival 2011 (featuring Def Leppard, Thin Lizzy, System of a Down, Alice Cooper, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Twisted Sister)? Thumbs Down

I don't even get VH1 Classic anyway...

Edited by Diogenes - 04 Nov 2011 at 11:24am
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 11:58am

Well, they do have That Metal Show.  Granted, it covers metal for old guys like me, not the metal you young whippersnappers grew up on.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Well, they do have That Metal Show.  Granted, it covers metal for old guys like me, not the metal you young whippersnappers grew up on.

I really do not like That Metal Show because I do not agree with many of the statements made on it.  I've seen statements made there that are pretty stupid such as British Steel being Judas Priest's first great album.  And there was one time where they debated between Kirk Hammet and Dave Mustaine as the superior guitarist with louder audience siding with Hammet (I'm seeing quite the opposite with this poll thread I made: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2352).

They also don't include any black metal; but to be fair, I doubt many black metal bands want to appear on a show like that.

Eddy Trunk isn't very knowledgeable either.  On his Stump The Trunk segment at some English open air festival, Joey Jordison (of Slipknot) asked him what was Voivod's album immediately after Nothingface and Trunk's guess was "the Newstand album" Dead.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 12:59pm

Eddy Trunk isn't very knowledgeable either.  On his Stump The Trunk segment at some English open air festival, Joey Jordison (of Slipknot) asked him what was Voivod's album immediately after Nothingface and Trunk's guess was "the Newstand album" Dead.

If Voivod had taken a hiatus after Nothingface, their fans would have rioted. LOL
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 2:42pm

I really do not like That Metal Show because I do not agree with many of the statements made on it.  I've seen statements made there that are pretty stupid such as British Steel being Judas Priest's first great album.  And there was one time where they debated between Kirk Hammet and Dave Mustaine as the superior guitarist with louder audience siding with Hammet (I'm seeing quite the opposite with this poll thread I made: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2352).

They also don't include any black metal; but to be fair, I doubt many black metal bands want to appear on a show like that.

British Steel is a great album (not their 1st great album, but still a great album.  Happens to be the first record that I ever bought).  I prefer Kirk Hammet over Dave Mustaine (that is speaking as a fan, not as a guitarist judging skills and techniques).  And I don't know what the Voivod album was immediately after Nothingface, without looking.  I do love that album and Angel Rat  though, which is apparently the correct answer. LOL
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 2:46pm
And by Newstand, did he mean Jason Newsted.  I'm confused by this.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:36am
Happy National Metal Day!!!  Headbanger
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:41am
I don't feel any more metal. ConfusedWink

Edited by Stooge - 11 Nov 2011 at 10:41am
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:48am
That is probably good, cause otherwise you might need to get oiled or go off to see the wizard for a heart. 
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:59am
On the other hand, new Blut Aus Nord and Esoteric albums come out today.

And by Newstand, did he mean Jason Newsted.  I'm confused by this.

Yes.
genghiscon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genghiscon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 4:13pm
I wish I felt "one more" metal today......
I got Rock N Roll to save me from the cold, and if thats all there is, that aint so bad. Rock N Roll! - Lemmy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic