Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rhapsody founding members go separate paths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhapsody founding members go separate paths
    Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 6:40am
Something supremely weird just happened recently.

Luca Turilli is returning to the original Rhapsody name with Patrice Guers and Dominique Leurquin.  Alex Staropoli is continuing under the Rhapsody of Fire name with Fabio Lione and Tom Hess.  Drummer Alex Holzwarth will appear in both projects.  Guess the band pages might need to be separated again...
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:17am
Saw about this already. You'd think Luca would choose a more unique name for his version of the band.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:33am
Oh man that is so ridiculousErmm and will probably warrant a seperation of the Rhapsody of Fire entry.

I think this sarcastic post from Blabbermouth says it pretty well:

Missing from the article excerpt is:

Fabio Lione has also decided to create a new band called Burning Rhapsody with everyone from Rhapsody Of Fire except Luca Turilli.

Alex Staropoli has declared the forming of an original, new band called Enchanted Rhapsody with everyone from Rhapsody Of Fire except Tom Hess.

Luca Turilli has promised to create a band called Rhapsody Face Of The Burning Elves with everyone except Alex Staropoli.

And finally, everyone in Rhapsody of Fire decided to create a Rhapsody of Fire cover band called Rhapsody of The Burning Fire Flame and even hinted at recording some original material influenced by acts such as Luca Turilli's solo catalogue and Rhapsody of Fire.

Now that�s what I call great humourLOL

Edited by UMUR - 17 Aug 2011 at 7:34am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:42am
I would object to splitting the entry, because that would mean splitting up the albums which are part of the same saga. I'd sooner just add the new Rhapsody as a fresh entry and any new Rhapsody of Fire releases to the existing one. Though I guess we don't have to worry about that until the new Rhapsody actually releases something.
GG2U

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:50am
My question is why doesn't Luca just release his music under his solo project?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:51am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I would object to splitting the entry, because that would mean splitting up the albums which are part of the same saga. I'd sooner just add the new Rhapsody as a fresh entry and any new Rhapsody of Fire releases to the existing one. Though I guess we don't have to worry about that until the new Rhapsody actually releases something.

Yeah it�s a damn mess isn�t it?Angry
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

My question is why doesn't Luca just release his music under his solo project?

He could definitely do that. Good question.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:53am
I was under the impression that the band initially changed their name because of copyright issues, so Luca using the Rhapsody name again is a bit confusing to me. I hope to God they didn�t change their name to Rhapsody of Fire because they felt it was a better name than simply RhapsodyLOL.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:03am
I was always under the impression it was due to legal issue as well. No matter the case, evidently those legal issues are no longer a problem.

My biggest worry about this split? They'll be two bands running around doing exactly the same thing, with neither really making anything of quality.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:04am
I fear you are right AdamDisapprove.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:10am
Also regarding the name, he could at least be considerate enough to call it Luca Turilli's Rhapsody if he has to have Rhapsody in the name, rather than reverting to the former name of Staropoli's version of the band. It's bound to generate confusion. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:15am
In regard to the name and copyright issues, the original statement:

"Due to copyright and trademark issues the band formerly known as Rhapsody has changed its name. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. �The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before,� says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, �The name Rhapsody Of Fire better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music.� 

GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:21am
Hmm...it gets stranger and strangerGeek.
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 10:37am
it sounds like the whole Stratovarius incidents to me
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:31pm
This is pretty absurd. It's a shame considering I just got really into them this year. Disapprove
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic