MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Former THRESHOLD Singer ANDREW 'MAC' MCDERMOTT Die
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Former THRESHOLD Singer ANDREW 'MAC' MCDERMOTT Die

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Former THRESHOLD Singer ANDREW 'MAC' MCDERMOTT Die
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:20pm
Andrew "Mac" McDermott, the former lead singer of U.K. progressive metallers THRESHOLD, reportedly passed away in England yesterday (Wednesday, August 3). A condolences page has been launched at this location

McDermott had "serious health problems" in the months leading up to his death, according to a June 2011 statement from the German melodic metal band POWERWORLD, with whom McDermott recorded the 2010 album"Human Parasite"

"I'm very sad about our big loss," POWERWORLD bassist Ilker Ersinstated about his former bandmate's passing. "I can't find the right words in this moment."

McDermott performed in clubs in England and tried to establish a band there in his early years before he moved to Germany to join the bandSARGANT FURY. After three albums, the band dissolved and in 1998McDermott joined THRESHOLD as lead singer, replacing Damian Wilson.

Shortly after the release of THRESHOLD's 2007 album "Dead Reckoning"McDermott left the band, resulting in Wilson's return to the group.

McDermott's most recent musical project was SWAMP FREAKS, which "took some of the cool 'n' heavy from the '70s [FREELED ZEPPELIN,BLACK SABBATH] and mashed it up with some '90s anarchy [PEARL JAM,NIRVANAALICE IN CHAINS] threw in some RED HOT CHILI PEPPERSand a sprinkle of punk rock," according to the band's Facebook page.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161551)

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 6:00pm
Wow, that's horrible.  I had no idea the guy was in bad health.  R.I.P.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 6:32pm
Unfortunately yes. I saw it in PA . Awful. R.I.P. "Mac"
Inexistence is the true normality.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 10:56pm
Sad news indeed. Cry
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
IndianaJones View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndianaJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 5:39pm
Yeah, this is sad news, I really liked what he did with Threshold. At least those albums that I've heard. Dead Reckoning was a phenomenal album that I can recommend to anyone who likes strong melodies and progressive metal, and Critical Mass was great too. It's a shame he went so young, RIP.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic