Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEGADETH: New Album Title Revealed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEGADETH: New Album Title Revealed
    Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 12:01pm
MEGADETH: New Album Title Revealed - July 8, 2011

MEGADETH has set "TH1RT3EN" as the title of its new album, tentatively due in November via Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded atMEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California with producer Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis), who has previously worked with DISTURBEDSEVENDUSTMACHINE HEAD and STAIND, among others. The artwork will once again be created by artist John Lorenzi, who was responsible for the artwork on the last two MEGADETH studio albums, 2007's "United Abominations" and 2009's "Endgame", as well as the band's 2007 box set, "Warchest".

Speaking to DJ Tom Russell of Rock Radio backstage at the U.K. edition of the Sonisphere festival at Knebworth earlier today (Friday, July 8),Mustaine stated about the new MEGADETH CD title, "I started playing guitar at 13 and this is our 13th record and I was born on the 13th. As soon as I said I was going to call it 'TH1RT3EN', I started noticing 13 everywhere. They never used to have 13th floors in hotels but now they have them again."

One of the songs that will appear on "TH1RT3EN""Public Enemy No. 1", was premiered during MEGADETH's headlining performance on July 4 at Docks in Hamburg, Germany. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below.

Mustaine was asked in a recent interview with Pure Grain Audio how the new MEGADETH album is sonically different to its predecessor, 2009's"Endgame". "[It's] different, a hundred percent different, unlike anything we've ever done before because the guitar sounds are different; it sounds really super-modern," he said, before adding, "If I was going to say it sounds like a particular band, I would say it sounds like really old classic [BLACKSABBATH and with a little bit of a modern edge of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE kind of thing. But then again, with the twists and turns of music that MEGADETH has been famous for over the years, you never know how it'll turn out."

When asked about what fans can expect from MEGADETH's next album, bassist David Ellefson told Martin Carlsson of Expressen TV, "Let's put it this way: It's funny that 20 years ago, we came off 'Rust In Peace'and we went in and made 'Countdown To Extinction'. So, to me, that's kind of what this album feels like. We did 'Sudden Death' [for a title in the 'Guitar Hero' franchise, 'Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock'] and then this new song, 'Never Dead', which is a very violent riff. That was the first song we did, and we finished it top to bottom because we had to get it into this video game called 'NeverDead'. So that's a pretty good indication of what the new record is gonna be. But it's a little wider than� That's why I liken it to probably a little more to 'Countdown To Extinction', 'cause there's a couple of songs that aren't just full-on, in-your-face thrashing. However, most of it is. So you guys are gonna be excited. You'll like it. You'll dig it. You'll have fun [listening to it]."

MEGADETH's platinum-certified 1986 masterpiece, "Peace Sells� But Who�s Buying?", has been digitally remastered for the first time and expanded for a special 25th-anniversary release in multiple configurations. It will be released July 12 by Capitol/EMI. All of the versions, including a 2CD lift-top box, digital album and a deluxe 5Disc+3LP box set, contain a previously unreleased 1987 concert from the band's first world tour and new liner notes written by Mustaine and METALLICA's Lars Ulrich.

Edited by Stooge - 09 Jul 2011 at 12:02pm
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 2:09am
Funny, I just noticed the new album name myself!

I really hate it LOL
BUT I liked Endgame and I really like that Sudden Death song they made for GH so I have pretty high hope for the album. Also feels good to see Ellefson back!
Even though that name is horrid!
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 12:37pm
YES ELFY

...NO TH1RT3EN
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 1:07pm
Terrible.
It is just,
Terrible .

Now I'm REALLY hoping the music will be good! They could just hang it up after the pretty good release of Endgame, but if Dave needs to keep going he really needs to impress now.

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 1:35pm
I <3 Elfy so much.  Not only is he a great bassist, but he's hilarious.  Have you ever seen The Megadeth Documentary?
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 6:43pm
Well, the last two albums have been an upward slope in terms of quality. The title may suck but hopefully the music doesn't go with it.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by topofsm topofsm wrote:

Well, the last two albums have been an upward slope in terms of quality. The title may suck but hopefully the music doesn't go with it.

Honestly I liked The System Has Failed more than United Abominations or Endgame.  All three were better than anything since Youthanasia though.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I <3 Elfy so much.  Not only is he a great bassist, but he's hilarious.  Have you ever seen The Megadeth Documentary?

I have not, but yeah he's all around awesome.

I thought Endgame was their best in a long time!

No idea if this will be put on the album, (but it would make sense to do so) but this is not too shabby IMO

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 10 Jul 2011 at 9:36pm

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I have not, but yeah he's all around awesome.

You should watch it sometime, it's great.  Last I checked the whole thing was streamable on youtube.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic