Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese Flying Martial Art movies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese Flying Martial Art movies
    Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 8:49am
have  you people seen some of the very spessial and beautifull Chinese movies (by various directors) when the fighters are all weightless and are dancing up in trees and fight on water and beneath the branches of the trees,

movies like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero and Flying Daggers,

are their other movies with simmilar elements and epic scale to em, I love the movies (even though it seems kinda silly at first) but then you are captured by the magical choreography and amazing fight seens

also Zhang Ziyi is pretty

http://www.kungfu.avatarmoviefan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/crouching-tiger-hidden-dragon.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HUCrS6_r4cM/Tb7UlgGFGdI/AAAAAAAAAyg/1hsE38gLz0o/s1600/hero.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Xo7cHzOhVbM/TWLza1CPb2I/AAAAAAAAET4/0zz20VJVIws/s1600/HOFD7+.jpg

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 8:53am
I�ve seen all three movies and they are beautiful. I know there are more like them out there, but I can�t help you as I haven�t seen them.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:01am
I missed one called Fearless

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Fearless_film.jpg

their is alot of flying in this movie

Edited by Balthamel - 06 Jul 2011 at 9:01am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:07am
I haven�t seen that one, but it�s undoubtedly intriguing :-)
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 11:14am
My favourite martial arts movie is Enter the Dragon. (Hong Kong is close enough to being China)
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:06pm
^ are they jumping in the trees,and run upon water and are rediculesly light on ther toes

Edited by Balthamel - 06 Jul 2011 at 1:08pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:35pm
Not so much, it's a little more realistic (not that much, though :P)
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:40pm
cool, i got to see that,

what I like about those epic chinese movies, becouse they feal like the movies are build around the frames of classical music, (on the making of the movie, the director was saying that they had a goal which was for the music to be played  as traditional chinese music with the use of western classical instruemnts (symphonies) which is very facinating)
FallingxSkies View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FallingxSkies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 1:39pm
well one I like for it's really great fight scenes is Chocolate. It's Thai though ( I think)
oh and the movie called True Legend ^^
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2012 at 4:33pm
Okay, okay, but had any of you checked out the Wu-Tang movies? Or any other production from the Shaw Brothers?
I also recommend some King Hu's classics such as "A Touch of Zen" (1971) or "Come Drink With Me" (I confess prefering the French title: "The Golden Swallow").
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic