Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soundgarden Working On New Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soundgarden Working On New Album
    Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 8:02pm

That's good  news for me, but it sounds like it's in the early stages.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 4:55am
Looking forward to the release but it sounds like it's long ways away.

Edited by cannon - 19 Jun 2011 at 4:56am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2011 at 6:20pm
im zo exited, wonder what it will be like, probably not so grungy but more sludgy I suspect
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 5:29pm
i have heard that this album is supposed to be less "grunge" and more whatever they come up with

in my mind i think they will be as creative and professional as they were in the 80s but I think/wish it will be more proggy, more mature, filled with more meat and less tracks then 15 , like 10 songs between 3 and 8 mins, well that is my wishes ofcourse, a more intuned Soundgarden to todays metal and experimental music.

I think Soungarden will do a musical statement with this album and Soundgarden have ALWAYS been about never compromise musical and textural ideas, they were creative, bounderybraking and I think this is a album were alot of power, creativety and a will to proove they are still as innovative now as what they were in the late 80s early 90s, then they literly were behind three styles of music grunge, alternative metal and stoner metal "the standard bearars of Stoner" as one allmusic dude called them.

so I just wish this album will be a sonic statement, but also a mature statement, and a progressive statement.Big smile

yeah bold statments, but I don't care, sometimes i need to be bold when I talk about bands which is not talked about to that much.

Edited by Balthamel - 25 Jun 2011 at 5:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic