MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sticky at PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sticky at PA
    Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 5:38pm
I happen to find the site at PA on the links page. I hadn't gone there for...a long time. How many others go to that page(?). Since PA and MMA are sister sites I thought maybe a sticky placed in the Prog Music Lounge or in the General Music Discussion forum or somewhere else. Just an idea to bring some more members over.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:13pm
I'm sure there is a stickied thread about it somewhere.  Probably in the news section.

Anyway, more important for the site IMO is to get more "straight up" metalheads, NOT prog fans, so we can get the charts sorted out... right now they are decidedly progressive.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I'm sure there is a stickied thread about it somewhere.  Probably in the news section.

Anyway, more important for the site IMO is to get more "straight up" metalheads, NOT prog fans, so we can get the charts sorted out... right now they are decidedly progressive.

I'd agree. It makes sense the site would have that tilt but it would be great to get more non prog metal heads here.
Problem is competition.
PA is THE prog site. The internet has 9000 metal ones, including another Metal Archives LOL
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:27pm
On second thought, I did some looking and didn't see a forum thread there anywhere.  This is odd, as there is one for JMA (although not a sticky)
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

On second thought, I did some looking and didn't see a forum thread there anywhere.  This is odd, as there is one for JMA (although not a sticky)

Ya, exactly. That's how I found out about JA. More members is better no members. I don't call myself a "metalhead" or a "proggy" but a diehard music fan.

There has to be more metal music forums than all other genres combined. A tough and over saturated market.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:51pm
Yeah but they are often exclusive while we try and be inclusive (not ridiculously so, but you know what I mean). I think M@X said at some point that he had created a thread to MMA on PA, but that he wouldn�t advertice more than that. He didn�t want to annoy the non-metal lovin progheads too much.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic