Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:18am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

should I not care about murder because it's none of my business?

Yep pretty much.  I live in this year's murder capital of Canada and yet as long as they don't shoot me I can't be arsed.

So you don't care about law enforcement then?
the popo will find my cheese pizza 

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

There�s no need to bring a new life into this world if you are not able to take care of it. We have enough homeless, starving kids without parents or with parents that are not able to provide them with love and care in this world already. People against abortion usually have this standpoint out of a religious belief, but IMO that doesn�t qualify as a good reason. We are animals, and just because we have a more evolved brain than most animals do, we shouldn�t let morals or religious bogus get in the way of rational acts. If you can�t take care of your child for whatever reason, you shouldn�t have it!

My opinion of courseSmile.

I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here (Evil Smile), but why is abortion the only answer in that scenario? Of course, I agree that starving children is a huge problem... but is the best solution then to kill the fetus? I'm still somewhat unsure of my stance on this issue, but I think getting an abortion for that reason alone is immoral.

If abortion actually is murder (which I'm not completely sure if it is or isn't Smile) then it should be treated as such. Should we kill starving children because they're going hungry? And if not, why is acceptable before birth?

Again, this isn't necessarily my position - I'm just playing devil's advocate. Evil SmileBig smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

There�s no need to bring a new life into this world if you are not able to take care of it. We have enough homeless, starving kids without parents or with parents that are not able to provide them with love and care in this world already. People against abortion usually have this standpoint out of a religious belief, but IMO that doesn�t qualify as a good reason. We are animals, and just because we have a more evolved brain than most animals do, we shouldn�t let morals or religious bogus get in the way of rational acts. If you can�t take care of your child for whatever reason, you shouldn�t have it!

My opinion of courseSmile.

This.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 11:13pm

Pro choice.

A girl I was with during my 20's had three abortions. Basically it was her choice and well it should be. My input, for what is was worth was to have the abortions.

The third time she let it go late into the pregnancy(I never did find out the reason why) and had to go over to Vancouver to have the procedure done.

On my way over there(via ferry) I passed a billboard about abortion and then when I was on the ferry a couple was talking about it. This lead me to very heavy heart.

I arrived at the clinic only to find protesters outside. Man oh man, for some reason and even until this day I can't come up with a reason why I was so friggin' scarred. It took everything I had to walk through that line into the clinic and also knowing that there her mom was there also(wasn't the reason I was terrified, she was a great lady).

Of course in hindsight it was the right thing to do.

Edited by cannon - 02 Jun 2011 at 11:13pm
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 3:20am
Oh sh-

I'm not even touching this.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Oh sh-

Might as well, this has been 9000X cleaner, more respectful and sane than anything on PA.

And metal heads are supposed to be the closed minded stupid onesLOL

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 07 Jun 2011 at 1:56am
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Oh sh-

Might as well, this has been 9000X cleaner, more respectful and sane than anything on PA.

I can only imagine where a thread like this would go on PA.... TongueLOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:14pm

Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Oh sh-

I can only imagine where a thread like this would go on PA.... TongueLOL

Check the libertarian thread. You can find some real winners in there. Last I saw they were talking abortion there.
Ironically enough the usual insane ones are pretty sane LOL

It is great that we are small, (and cool) enough to talk about this stuff as well as genre related things with pretty much no problem. Approve MMA ftw

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 07 Jun 2011 at 6:14pm

Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 7:17pm
My religion teacher once told me if I was pro-choice I was pro-abortion. I lol'd.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

My religion teacher once told me if I was pro-choice I was pro-abortion. I lol'd.

I'm against abortion from a moral standpoint, but I tend to think it's something that should be legal. Smile

That's like saying "if you support the Westboro Baptist Church's protection under the first ammendment, you support homophobia!". I've been told that before too. LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 7:33pm

Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

I'm against abortion from a moral standpoint, but I tend to think it's something that should be legal. Smile

That's like saying "if you support the Westboro Baptist Church's protection under the first ammendment, you support homophobia!". I've been told that before too. LOL

Keep it safe, legal, and rare is what I currently like to go with!
Despite my jumbly feelings..in the end I just couldn't say "make it illegal"

Oh god did someone REALLY say that? (And mean it)

I do find it so sad how most of our fellow Americans are quick to throw freedom of speech around, but only seem to apply it to themselves/can't realize it has be all or nothing. "WBC is fucked up, but unless they physically harm someone they can't be stopped"
"ZOMG you want all gays to die!?"

...Unhappy

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 07 Jun 2011 at 7:34pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic