Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Copenhell 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Copenhell 2023
    Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 4:52am
So I´ve purchased tickets and this time around a luxury tent with electricity, which should help keep my beers cold for all four days of the festival Cool.

I´m not sure what to think of the programme this year, as there are quite a few artists I don´t know, and some of those I do know, aren´t music I´m interested in.

So far from the programme I´ll definitely be seing:

Napalm Death
Meshuggah
Gojira
Pantera
Life of Agony (my god I hope they play through "River Runs Red" which they have toured with this past year).
Testament

I´m of course going to see a lot of other concerts, but the rest won´t be as planned as the above.

https://www.copenhell.dk/
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 3:17am
Well that's a pretty good start and I'm sure there will be plenty more worth seeing.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 3:35am
Yeah I hope so. There are always a few nice surprises (and almost always a few disappointments too). Last year I was pleasantly surprised by Soen, which I only knew by name. Me and my buddy just walked into that concert by chance, and we were both very pleasantly surprised. It was such a great gig, and I know that my friend has since then been listening to Soen a lot, so they did something right that night.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 9:17am
Only two days before the festival starts. I´m in planning mode. Cooling all the beers and booze, making sure the music player is alright, clothes, food, and all the other things you need to survice a four-day metal festival...I can´t wait...just one day left at work, and then I´m off Thumbs Up
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 11:53am
Sweet! Enjoy it Jonas!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 12:09pm
Thanks, it´s gonna be a blast. I think it´s my tenth year or something like that on the Copenhell Festival, so I konw the festival well. It´s always well arranged, with plenty of food stores, draft beer and good music. I´m not too impressed by the lineup this year though, but you can´t have it all....
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2023 at 3:43pm
With a lot of those things it's the vibe and the experience, and the line-up shouldn't diminish it too much. I know I've often enjoyed events where I wasn't that into the music.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 5:42am
Another great festival, although it´s starting to become a really expensive experience.

I saw the following shows (some full shows and some only a couple of songs while passing by):

Day 1:
Riverhead
Clutch
Sick of it all
Undeath
Mötley Crüe
Def Lepard
Zeal & Ardor

Day 2:
Aborted
Electric Callboy
Life of Agony
Gojira
Nervosa
Pantera
Meshuggah

Day 3:
Aarhus symphoniorkester med Jakob Stegelman (Playing cartoon, superhero, sci-fi, and fantasy scores)
Korpiklaani
Napalm Death (the concert was stopped halfway through because of a stage accident with one of the big monitors crashing to the ground. Fortunately no one was hurt).
Cabal
Undergang
Slipknot
Three Days of Grace
Saturnus
Lamenteri

Day 4:
Billy F Gibbons
Angus Mcsix
Blackbraid
Guns´n´Roses

Edited by UMUR - 18 Jun 2023 at 3:40pm
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 3:24pm
Nice. Did you enjoy Undeath? 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2023 at 3:40pm
It was alright, but nothing revolutionizing. A bit generic. I haven´t heard them on album though, but that was my impression live.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic