MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music for catharsis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music for catharsis
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 2:09am
Without going into detail at all, my day today has been pretty stressful and I don't feel good emotionally or physically, and basically I'm wiped. I put on Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennae to Heaven and it must be absolutely perfect. The joy in "Storm" calms me down, and then it goes into some solemn reflection and some anger in "Static" and "Sleep". But then "Antennas to Heaven" takes all those and puts them away, and brings back a calm content feeling, not ignoring that the trials of life are insignificant, but reaffirming that life's pains are there, but it has a reward behind it. Of course, this is a far cry from the cynicism of the band, but that's what the moods of the album tell me. And that's why it's a 5 star record for me on PA.

Are there any records that you put on when you've had a really crappy day and you don't want to deal with it anymore, and it just helps? Please share.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 4:01am

Anything I know really well and don�t have to think about too much.

bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:06am
Portico Quartet for catharsis, Celtic folk for cheering upSmile

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 11:29am
umm, any red sparroes, russian circles
Great music 

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 11:30am
also, anything by hans Zimmer, 

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 12:51pm
Espers.  Always Espers.
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:35pm
The first artist that comes to my mind.Devin Townsend!
Inexistence is the true normality.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm
I may seem like a total fanboy here, though there's nothing wrong with that LOL, but Scenes From A Memory works every time. Also Iridium by Empty Tremor works very well. I agree with UMUR point, too, that whatever I know really well usually works for me.

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:31pm
King's X usually helps comfort me on a bad day.  Can't go wrong with Gretchen Goes To Nebraska.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 6:50am
I was reading music for cathedrals so i was thinkING hmm here can i read and discuss hymns and such but NOOOO
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 4:05am
Originally posted by DM613 DM613 wrote:

hi,do you know me?I think you must have never know me,I am new here,you will be familiar with me in the future,please remmember me,I am dmjy510,a special name and it is easy to keep it in mind.

This is a bot, look at the forum signature
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 6:25am
I�ve blocked his IP and hidden the posts I�ve been able to find.

Edited by UMUR - 14 May 2011 at 6:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic