Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Pestilence album/ 2 sample tracks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Pestilence album/ 2 sample tracks
    Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 2:57pm
By the end of April Dutch death metal act Pestilence will release their 6th full-length studio album "Doctrine".
Photobucket

The band have uploaded two sample tracks from the album on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/pestilenceofficial
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 3:09pm
Interesting seeing this now as I happen to be listening to Testimony of the Ancients, which I bought yesterday in a 2 album set with Consuming Impulse.

I'll check this out later. Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 3:27pm
Testimony is a great album. Pretty original for the time.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Testimony is a great album. Pretty original for the time.

I'd been wanting to get that album forever, but finally got around to it.  Consuming Impulse I like as well, though I'm not an admirer of the vocalist from that album.  His brand of growls are much harder on my ears.  Maybe I'll get used to them after more listens, but I tend to not like vocals like his, which were more common with earlier death metal acts where it sounds like he's on the verge of losing his voice.  Good musically for sure, rather thrashy.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:04pm
I absolutely adored Consuming Impulse back in the early nineties. I still have my vinyl copy. Martin Van Drunen is an aquired taste. I agree with that. I always liked his somewhat hysterical growling style. Not many death metal vocalists sound like he does. Mameli is a more mediocre growler IMO. A kind of pale Schuldiner clone. Not bad but far from excellent IMO.

Oh and if you haven�t heard the debut. Don�t botherSmile.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 4:28pm
Yeah his vocals aren't the best for sure.  I've never heard the debut album.  I've heard quite a bit of Spheres and I'll definitely buy that one some day.  I also may have heard 1 of the songs from their reunion effort but I don't really remember it well.

Just listened to Salvation, and that sounds pretty cool.  I guess Sinister is the other one, which I'm about to start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic