MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Board games, card games, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Board games, card games, etc.
    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 3:28am
One thing I'm starting to get back into is some board games, card games and the like. It's nice to be able to do things other than video games, movies, music, etc. after all, as variety is the spice of life! Some ones I've enjoyed are:

Scrabble
Uno
Monopoly(not so much anymore though as I just plain suck at it)
Cards Against Humanity
Descent: Journeys in the Dark
Doom(Yes there is a board game of Doom...it's more of an RPG though w/ a "Dungeon Master" running the show)
Zombies!!!
Ingenious

There may have been some others but I forget the names of them! Anyways, I'm curious as to what some of your favorites are(particularly if they consist of any of the more obscure stuff, like any of those games from Fantasy Flight Games and whatnot).

Edited by Psydye - 03 Feb 2021 at 3:29am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 10:22am
I love Trivial Pursuit, because I'm an incurable smart ass. I haven't lost a full game of it in years. Of the adult version...

I bought the Trivial Pursuit family edition for myself for my birthday last year so I could play it with the grandkids (age 10 and 12), and I haven't won a single game of it yet! The kids questions are a real leveller. The rules are simplified too, so you can play a game in about half an hour. The only downer to it is that the version I got was made in the UK, so there are a few UK-specific questions that we just can't possibly answer, but that's fairly minor.

I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a fun family game, where you might just learn/teach something at the same time.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 11:10am
I love Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Chess, and I have several music-themed trivia games (Including a metal trivia). I like Monopoly, Solitaire, and Poker as well.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 11:57am
 rarely play board games these days though in the lockdown we have once or twice. We have a cupboard full of them. Favourites include Risk, Monopoly, Cluedo and Hero Quest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic