MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

album tag lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: album tag lock
    Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:46am
As we�re slowly moving through the artists in the database and edit the entries to make them complete, we�ve also spend a lot of time tagging the albums correctly. Therefore I would like to have a tool to lock the entries that are correctly tagged to prevent that people re-tag the albums by error. If the entry is locked for re-tagging at least people will wonder why and think twice before batch tagging an entry. Is this realistic?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 2:54pm
I think SC's and admins should always be able to move an album - it would be a hassle for all of us if that weren't the case.  I think (hope) we can trust our collabs enough that they won't make a risky tagging decision without the consent of others. Thumbs Up ...Although this implementation would be useful in some cases, like when a band spans multiple subgenres and someone accidentally "mass-tags" the entry.

If you're referring to "normal" members, I don't think they should be able to move albums at all, if that isn't already the case.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:08pm
It�s not a matter of not trusting the Collabs. It�s simply because of the fear of mass-tagging. For example I�ve spend a long time tagging all albums by Paradise Lost. If someone by accident mass-tagged the Paradise Lost entry I would be devastated. I have no problem with both SC and Admins being able to unlock a locked entry and re-tag albums but I would like a lock so people think twice before accidently mass-tagging a full entry. 
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 3:52pm
^ OK, thanks for clarifying. Smile I would definitely support that, then. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 4:32pm
The lock should of course only be applied to entries with multible genre tags. No need to lock entries with only one tag.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 5:58pm
GOOD IDEA

Esp. in the wake of this Boris project I'm doing
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Esp. in the wake of this Boris project I'm doing

yeah, no kidding.
good idea

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:02am
I support this idea.
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:03am
So my suggestion is that the lock tagging function should be featured just under the mass-tag function when you edit artists. I�ll ask Phil if it�s possible.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 7:52am
A good idea definitely. Could it read something like "Paradise Lost tags locked by UMUR", so it would be easy to contact the correct collab in cases someone should want to change something and discuss it?
<- Click on this!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 8:48am
I think that�s a good idea Pekka. I�ve directed Phil to this thread and hopefully he will make a comment on the technical aspect and if it�s something he is willing to spend time creating.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic