Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Popular Acts/Albums You Dislike?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 12:53pm
Most of the users don't seem to really care about the new platforms, and I get why. Honestly I think they should've just added video games to rym instead of splitting the three forms of entertainment into offshoots. Most people are probably going to just keep using rym anyway.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 1:14pm
They won't as RYM will disappear once the other sites are formally launched. The ones that exist one are just beta sites. 

I haven't looked at them too much myself. The new sites have better filter options on charts which I look forward to making use of but aren't much use for now while the beta sites are based off of long out of data RYM data. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 1:20pm
Oh, I didn't know they were planning on canning RYM by the time the sites are actually fully up and running. Guess I'll have to wait and see how the new sites function when they're finished, as of now I prefer RYM's layout. The extended chart options are definitely cool though.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 12:18am
We're going off topic here, but RYM's latest brainwave is to try and declare that Hail Spirit Noir's new single isn't psych. When they've dumped the black metal on it and is more psych than ever. I see this sort of 'logic' all the time over there, especially for acts who might be on the borderline between rock and metal. It's usually the heavier releases from an act that get denied as being metal, while less metallic ones can end up with metal in primary. For years Ayreon's Dream Sequence had prog metal primary on it.
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 8:52am
Boy the folks at RYM sound like fucking idiots from the way you guys are describing them. I've never used the site so I can't say so myself. Anyways..

I suppose Staind might be a good example...I'm not entirely sure. At any rate, I'm not that huge on them. At least, I don't remember enjoying them!

Edited by Psydye - 25 Apr 2020 at 8:56am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

Boy the folks at RYM sound like fucking idiots from the way you guys are describing them. 

Not all of them are, most I think just vote for whatever's green or in the lead at the time though. At least I know that trying to change the direction of a vote or even add a new tag is very rarely well received by the userbase, no matter how much justification you post for it in the comments (the exception being when a whole new tag appears on the site for the first time, like Post-Metal, but that's other issue with their voting habits entirely). Your changes will just get voted down and your comments lucky if you even get any counterargument against them. I think best I've ever got is 'nah'. Worst I got was rudeness and accusations of vote rigging, which I did not do. That was from the same person who verbally attacked the community of my website for no reason one time. 

Sometimes I wonder if I just perceive music differently to most, because sometimes I feel like RYM is really voting against the blood obvious. 

I'm sure the majority of the users are also pretty nice people though - just people with some really funny ideas on what music is and how it should be graded. Specifically 'enjoyment' doesn't seem to come into it and I was once even told in not so many words that if I gave something 5 stars in a review I needed cap my ratings for a while before awarding another one. 

There's a few users that as collabs we've learned never to trust the votes from. I won't name them here on the public forums (though will confirm it's no one also on MMA), but it wouldn't take much observation of the votes to at least see who the number one not to ever trust is. 

Edited by adg211288 - 25 Apr 2020 at 9:31am
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if I just perceive music differently to most, because sometimes I feel like RYM is really voting against the blood obvious. 

I know I do, considering that I find most 60's/70's heavy psych to just be metal as well as being one of the only people who considers Meshuggah a nu metal band. Tongue

That's the thing about classifying music in general, with something so subjective pretty much everyone's going to hear at least some things differently. I think RYM forgets that and gets really hung up on genres, but at the same time not caring enough to give an actual argument if they vote something down as you say. 

Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

I suppose Staind might be a good example...I'm not entirely sure. At any rate, I'm not that huge on them. At least, I don't remember enjoying them! 

I haven't heard them in years, I remember liking some of their stuff. I'll have to check out the Tormented album again sometime.

Another one for me would be Rage Against the Machine. Could never stand Morello's solos and always found him obnoxious. They pretty much lost all their appeal after I was 16 or so.

Edited by Unitron - 25 Apr 2020 at 7:08pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 3:14pm
probably more popular metal acts that I dislike than like
Tupan View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 2:27pm
Pantera.

I know that Dimebag was a great guitar player, and Phil Anselmo is an excellent vocalist - I actually like his other projects, as Down and Scour. But I never really liked the Pantera songs.

Guns'n'Roses.

When I was a teenager, all my friends seems to love Guns'n'Roses... I only thought it was okay, and don't care for most of their songs.

Manowar.

Some good songs here and there, but their music is too boring for my ears.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 3:01pm
It´s actually an interesting topic, and now that I´ve had a couple of days to think of other artists than Manowar, that I really can´t stand (and honestly it´s not so much about their music, but more their ridiculous image), I´ve found that I can´t really mention any others. I seem to have a pretty broad taste in music, and even if there is something I don´t enjoy listening to, there´s almost always something else to be interested in, like a good production job, or some strong musicianship. I have my prefered artists and genres, and others I wouldn´t put on for listening pleasure, but that doesn´t mean I dislike them. I´m just not that interested in them...

...actually I feel that way about most of the output of Judas Priest, which is otherwise almost universally praised. I enjoy the first two albums a lot, but after that it´s pretty much select tracks (like Painkiller...), and the rest never did much for me. That doesn´t mean I think it´s bad quality music, it´s just not my poison. 

Edited by UMUR - 28 Apr 2020 at 12:53am
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:09am
At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity... Never interested me. The In Flames before Clayman, Obituary... Some death metal stuff that interest me.

Dream Theater - except for their albums Awake and SFaM. Most of their works are uninteresting for me.

Leprous and Mastodon... We'll let's say that I'm not interested in any of their albums.

Anathema - except for their wonderful album The Silent Enigma.

Any djent act... Prog metal would be better without them.

Helloween... with few exceptional albums and songs.

Sabaton.

etc.

Edited by Shadowyzard - 29 Jun 2021 at 8:09am
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 8:59am
There doesn't some to be a whole lot I dislike. My taste has become increasingly broad over the years.

Like I said, I'm not huge on Staind. Not big on Sevendust, Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach either. Don't really like Epica and almost any "typical" Beauty-and-Beast-style symphonic metal bands. Not much else I can think of atm but if I think of any I'll let you know.
BitterJalapeno View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Grunge/Post-grunge & Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BitterJalapeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:13am
Despite enjoying a vast range of progressive music, I find both Dream Theater and Haken extremely boring...
Star baby, did you deep fry a piece of the Great Barrier Reef?
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:22am
^ Ah, I don't like Haken that much too. Their debut was very promising, and sophomore was decent. The rest of their discography is... uninteresting.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 10:17am
^I actually agree w/ you two. Not a fan of DT or Haken.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic