MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glenn Tipton no longer touring with Priest.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glenn Tipton no longer touring with Priest.
    Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:03am
I never know Glenn Tipton was suffering from Parkinson's Disease for the last 10 year's. It has now got the point where he feels he can no longer tour with the band. 

Sad news and thanks Glenn for being awesome all these years!

http://teamrock.com/news/2018-02-13/judas-priest-open-up-on-glenn-tiptons-parkinsons-battle

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:10am
Once I heard the news, it sounded vaguely familiar.  It may have been one of those things I heard years ago, but put it out of my mind.  Maybe they never announced it in any form until now.  Either way, this is very unfortunate.

I was looking forward to seeing the band come through Oshawa next month.  I still am looking forward to it since I never made the effort to see them before, but it will be a bit strange seeing them without one of their recognizable guitarists.  Some were hoping that KK would come back, but I guess when he said he wanted to retire, he meant it.  

I have no idea what to expect with producer Andy Sneap filling in.  Will he wear a stage costume to try to look like Glenn?  Who knows!  Since I grew up in Oshawa (and still live close to it), I likely would go see them even if it was just Halford's solo band.  We're not that far from Toronto, but it always feels special having an artist you enjoy come through your actual hometown.

I wish Glenn Tipton, his family, and the extended Priest family the best as he deals with this disease. And thanks for the great tunes Thumbs Up
Warthur View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer
Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:11am
Can't keep Glenn away too long, it seems - some nice footage of him rejoining the band for an encore in New Jersey recently:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/03/21/video-glenn-tipton-joins-judas-priest-on-stage-in-new-jersey/

As the reporter notes, it's great to see him on stage, but he does carry himself a little gingerly, like it's a big effort for him just to be there. If it takes that much to do an encore I can see why he wouldn't feel able to do full concerts any more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic