MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bruce Dickinson's Memoir is on the way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bruce Dickinson's Memoir is on the way
    Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 1:00pm

Harper/Collins will publish Bruce Dickinson's autobiography, "What Does This Button Do?" in October. 

Cool! I love a good rock bio, and Bruce has certainly had an interesting life, both in and out of Iron Maiden, so this will be a must read. 

Edited by keefer1970 - 27 Jul 2017 at 1:00pm
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 10:50pm
Sweet! He's a very smart guy, and while the Lord Iffy Boatrace books were silly, I'd think he'd be a pretty good writer
keefer1970 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefer1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:13am
I went to Bruce Dickinson's book signing at the "Bookends" store in Ridgewood, New Jersey yesterday. 

My bro and I got to the book store at around 11 AM yesterday morning - the signing started at 1. There were already about 100 people lined up on the sidewalk when we pulled up, so we were glad we came early. We met up with two of our friends who were already on line and stood with them. We hadn't seen these guys in a while and it was a long wait, so it was nice to have a chance to BS and get caught up.

Needless to say the line behind us quickly grew even longer. (last night after the event was over, the store's Facebook page claimed that around 1000 people had showed up).

Eventually the line started to move inside the store and down the stairs to the author's signing area.... a small room where we stood and waited, and waited, and waited some more. The crowd was pretty well packed in there so it got uncomfortably stuffy fairly quickly. 

Bruce arrived just a few minutes after 1 PM to much rejoicing and shouts of "BROOOOOOOOCE!" A bookstore employee reminded us all that he was not taking pix with fans, and he would not sign any memorabilia or anything other than copies of the book. (I had my Accident of Birth CD in my pocket in the vain hope that I might get a sig on that, but decided not to even bother trying.) 

When the line started moving, it went very quickly - due to the size of the crowd it was a total cattle call, bang bang bang. You were brought up, Bruce signed your book, and you were sent on your way. Each person got about ten seconds of face-time with Bruce, tops.

When my turn came, I barely had time to get a quick handshake and say "Hi Bruce, it's an honor to meet you sir" (to which he replied "Allo! Thanks for coming!") before I was hustled away to make room for the next person. I had wanted to tell him about my fanboy love for Accident of Birth and compliment him on the awesomeness of Trooper beer, but there was simply no time.  

So for about three hours of waiting, I got a whole ten seconds with Bruce Dickinson ... but y'know what? It was totally worth it! 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 7:26am
nice anecdote. Might only be ten seconds, but you’ll always remember that day.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:38am
I've been reading it for a few days. Damned entertaining.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic