MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weird Review Glitches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird Review Glitches
    Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 6:02pm
Hey guys,

I've noticed a few weird review glitches related to reviews (mine in particular) that I figured are worth sharing.

The first one is (and I've noticed this before) that often times my reviews won't appear at all when I click "see more new releases reviews" on the front page. Even if I just wrote a new review for a 2010 release, it sometimes won't appear at all on this page. What's really weird is that it appears on the homepage, but not on this link. For example...

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/new-releases-reviews.aspx

I've written many reviews (notably Five Deadly Venoms by Shaolin Death Squad and Barriers by A Torn Mind) that aren't appearing on this page. I've even tried signing out, but they still don't show up. Does anyone else see them?

Secondly, when I go to my review page I noticed another glitch. If I click on my reviews for a certain subgenre, many of them don't appear. Let's use grindcore for instance.

10 Grindcore 2 1.50

I have 2 grindcore reviews, but when I follow that link, only one of them appears. I've noticed the same thing with progressive metal.

Is anyone else having either of these issues? If you need clarification, let me know. I think some of my wording may have been confusing. LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Hey guys,

I've noticed a few weird review glitches related to reviews (mine in particular) that I figured are worth sharing.

The first one is (and I've noticed this before) that often times my reviews won't appear at all when I click "see more new releases reviews" on the front page. Even if I just wrote a new review for a 2010 release, it sometimes won't appear at all on this page. What's really weird is that it appears on the homepage, but not on this link. For example...

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/new-releases-reviews.aspx

I've written many reviews (notably Five Deadly Venoms by Shaolin Death Squad and Barriers by A Torn Mind) that aren't appearing on this page. I've even tried signing out, but they still don't show up. Does anyone else see them?

Secondly, when I go to my review page I noticed another glitch. If I click on my reviews for a certain subgenre, many of them don't appear. Let's use grindcore for instance.

10 Grindcore 2 1.50

I have 2 grindcore reviews, but when I follow that link, only one of them appears. I've noticed the same thing with progressive metal.

Is anyone else having either of these issues? If you need clarification, let me know. I think some of my wording may have been confusing. LOL

Now that you mention it, I think I've seen something similar when clicking the "See More Metal Videos" link.  Some of the recent additions don't show up.  I know that has happened to me at least a few times.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 8:14am
I wonder why this is... It almost makes no sense. Some releases show up and some don't. Geek

There's got to be something technical behind this...
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic