Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OBSCURA: Complete 'Omnivium' Recording

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBSCURA: Complete 'Omnivium' Recording
    Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 1:53am
OBSCURA: Complete 'Omnivium' Recording, Reveal Track Listing

OBSCURA has recently completed work on their brand new album Omnivium and has revealed its track listing as: "Septuagint", "Vortex Omnivium", "Ocean Gateways", "Euclidean Elements", "Prismal Dawn", "Celestial Spheres", "Velocity", "A Transcendental Serenade", and "Aevum". Omnivium was recorded at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer V. Santura (TRIPTYKON, DARK FORTRESS) and is expected to see a March 2011 release date. Additional album details will be announced shortly.

OBSCURA drummer Hannes Grossman commented on recording Omnivium; "The recording process was intense and time-consuming, but it brought us many steps forward as musicians both individually and collectively. The songs are still catchy, but there are more epic parts involved, as well as faster and more melodic songs. The extremes of the band's sound extend on all sides, so to say. Expect some things which have never been done before like this in Death Metal!"

Additionally, Grossman is working on his first instructional drum DVD titled "Progressive Concepts for the Modern Metal Drummer". The DVD will feature different chapters about hand/foot techniques, blast beats, advanced double bass drumming, rhythmic modulations, and song and performance tutorials.

Grossman commented on his forthcoming DVD; "After the recordings for OBSCURA's new album I decided to start filming because the energy of the recording process was still valid. The final motivation came from Nile-drummer George Kollias, with whom we toured in Japan. Thanks again, Bro'! Of course the DVD will not only feature solo and song performances, but also very deep advice about the things that I use, like finger control technique, hybrid techniques, advanced foot technique or odd-time signatures."

OBSCURA has been confirmed for the Mass Deathtruction Festival in Belgium, and Bang Your Head Festival in Luxembourg taking place this December. A listing of dates and cities can be found below with more to be announced soon.

Updated OBSCURA news / album / tour information will be made available at the Relapse Records website: http://www.RELAPSE.com, the official OBSCURA website: http://www.obscura-metal.com/>">http://www.OBSCURA-METAL.com<http://www.obscura-metal.com/>, MySpace page: MySpace.com/RealmofObscura<http://www.myspace.com/realmofobscura>, and Facebook fan page<http://www.facebook.com/RealmOfObscura>.

OBSCURA Tour Dates:
Dec. 4 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium Mass Deathtruction Festival (w/ NAPALM DEATH, SODOM, more)
Dec. 4 Esch/Alzette, Luxembourg Bang Your Head Festival

"Drummer Hannes Grossmann & Obscura have filled any void you might have had in your search for truly intelligent & intens metal! It's almost unreal!"
SICK DRUMMER MAGAZINE

"This band is amazing....like The Black Dahlia Murder on acid meeting Cryptopsy's Whisper Supremacy for a genetic experiment."
Chris Arp of PSYOPUS

"Fact is that this is one of the most sensational Deathandnothingelsemetalrecords ever recorded on German soil!"
VICE

"Great tech-metal is being served here, cooked from the finest selection of Death, Progressive and Melodic-ingredients, sensational!"
PLANET MUSIC

"One of the strongest metal albums we've heard in a long time. This group has everything to become very big."
OOR

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:49am
Look forward to hearing it :-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:43am
Yeah I thought you might enjoy this piece of news.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:56am
I need more music to drive my girldfriend mad with.... mwuahahahahah!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 7:43am
^Oh I have plenty of that. I sometimes put on some good old death metal when driving my son to his kindergarden in the morning before going to work. He loves sitting with the album covers ( not Carcass type covers). He says "�hhh hvor er det sejt, jeg vil h�re "hebeee". indoktrination from the very beginning of a childs life is important if you wanna see resultsLOL.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 11:08pm
That's gonna be one hel of a headbager kid. My girlfriend has no problems with me listening to metal and prog - she even likes some of the less brutal stuff (and, to her own surprise, found herself tapping fer foot along with "Scavenger of Human Sorrow"). But stuff like Obscura, which is so extreme and extremely technical is too much for her, and this also goes for some of the weirder prog. But hey, she likes RnB, which I hate, so I guess that things are at an equilibrium :-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 12:15am
r�n�b you poor soul. It�s one of the few things I can�t stand either. My wife likes both pop ( Rasmus Seebach is the favorite at the moment) and harder rock music like Metallica, AC/ DC and especially Guns�n�Roses. She had a giiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaant crush on Axel back in the day.LOL She even owns a small collection of picture vinyls.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 4:21am
I actually think that there was a pocked of good RnB back in the mid 90s, when they just started using syncopated drum beats. Then of course, they went overboard with that and now RnB in general just suck a$$ generally. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic