MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentemple genre error.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentemple genre error.
    Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 8:09pm
I noticed that Pentemple is not showing up in the listed bands for Drone despite the sole album being listed as Drone.

furthermore when you search the database for Pentemple, it doesn't give the genre, just the name and country. The genre is also not listed on the artist page above the artist bio, only the country and band name is listed.

I've tried moving them to another genre and back to see if that changed anything both from the edit artist info section and the edit album section, neither of which fixed anything.

Edited by Sheavy - 12 Jul 2016 at 8:10pm
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 11:35pm
I've come across this issue before Sheavy. For some reason the genre doesn't get mapped to the artist on live albums, so if the artist only has a live album we're stuck. I'll raise with the webmasters.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 5:14am
It seems that it would need a significant code rewrite to correct this, Sheavy. I've tagged this as a normal album instead for now to get around the problem - 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic