MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What TV shows are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404142
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 1:39pm
^I liked The Crown, which I watched with my wife and my mother in law. I didn´t think there was any decline in acting, writing, or my interest in the story.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 2:27pm

I watched the first two episodes so far and am loving it! I think if you do not know the games then maybe this may seem a bit weird but if you have played them them this captures them so well and the sets and props are completely accurate to Fallout 4's designs. 

It is good as well for being its own story and not just trying to adapt one of the games though it is still very much in the spirit of the games. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 4:52am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I watched the first two episodes so far and am loving it! I think if you do not know the games then maybe this may seem a bit weird but if you have played them them this captures them so well and the sets and props are completely accurate to Fallout 4's designs. 

It is good as well for being its own story and not just trying to adapt one of the games though it is still very much in the spirit of the games. 

I finished season one of Fallout yesterday and this is hands down the best adaptation of a video game universe I've ever seen. These normally fall flat on their face but this was brilliant. I don't want to say any spoilers about it here but if you like the games this is a must watch (it's also canon). It also has the most extensive pre-war depictions yet seen in the franchise with many more flashbacks that anticipated and it feels like the franchise just finally delivered perhaps not hard answers but certainly a path to follow on how the Great War actually did start.

They have obviously held some staples of the Fallout series back for later seasons which it was kind of disappointing not to see: there are no super mutants encountered, deathclaws are only teased via bones and most of the robot types didn't appear. They missed a chance to have Ron Perlman featured in any capacity but we all know we wanted to hear him deliver the 'war, war never changes' line. Fallout 4 didn't have him do that either but he at least still had a cameo as the newsreader in the intro. 

The series certainly captured the inherent wackiness of Fallout and I hope that will continue into the next season and hopefully at least get a cameo from the Zetans. 

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 404142
  Share Topic