Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on Electronic music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

Oh I forgot about Ulver!  I do prefer their Black Metal albums but Blood Inside  is so good.
yes, Blood Inside is my favourite, I think... although I like Perdition City a mighty lot too. And Shadows of the Sun used to be a frequent guest on my playlist as well ;) Actually, their latest album is also... hah, just kidding. Although some tracks from Wars of the Roses are in fact pretty good Sleepy

As for their black metal albums, I must say that compared to some more recent post-black metal releases (Fen's Epoch or Agalloch's Marrow of the Spirit), their early albums do not excite me as much. Still, they started it all (as far as I know), so respect.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 9:17am
Quite like Kraftwerk and on the more experimental side Throbbing Gristle and Cabaret Voltaire did some pretty interesting stuff.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:08pm
I know not many people here are fans of electronic music like I am, but I made a list of electronic albums on the List Challenges site. So if you want to give it a try, here it is:

If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Modrigue View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modrigue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

I know not many people here are fans of electronic music like I am, but I made a list of electronic albums on the List Challenges site. So if you want to give it a try, here it is:

I think we have similiar tastes.

My favorite "old" bands are:
Tangerine Dream
Kraftwerk
Klaus Schulze
Vangelis
Heldon

My favorite "recent" bands are:
Prodigy
Chemical Brothers
Air
Aphex Twin
Future Sound of London
Amon Tobin
Boards of Canada
Ladytron

Just to name a few...
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 8:55am
Air is only partially Electronic, but I agree that they are great Clap. I´ve seen them three times live over the years, and especially the gig supporting 10,000 Hz Legend was incredible.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 9:19am

Got 7 of them which is more than the last metal quiz I took!
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Modrigue Modrigue wrote:

I think we have similiar tastes.

My favorite "old" bands are:
Tangerine Dream
Kraftwerk
Klaus Schulze
Vangelis
Heldon

My favorite "recent" bands are:
Prodigy
Chemical Brothers
Air
Aphex Twin
Future Sound of London
Amon Tobin
Boards of Canada
Ladytron

Just to name a few...

We certainly do, and if you like Aphex Twin, I'd highly recommend checking out Deadmau5's Get Scraped and While (1<2) albums. Very eclectic albums with some Aphex Twin-esque styling.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:03am
^ Got seven out of the 25. The electronic genre has a lot of my favorite artists, but I tend to go for the less structured stuff. Ambient, Berlin school, dark ambient, industrial, noise, and power electronics, with some idm and related.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

^ Got seven out of the 25. The electronic genre has a lot of my favorite artists, but I tend to go for the less structured stuff. Ambient, Berlin school, dark ambient, industrial, noise, and power electronics, with some idm and related.

What do you think of Orbital? I've fallen back in love with Snivilisation, which is one of my all-time favorite electronic albums. I've always thought that it's their most eclectic album, and doesn't get enough love.
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:21am
Ehhhh. Never really went for anything I've heard by them, not really my style tbh. I tend to like stuff that most would consider boring, stuff that's really repetitive or soundscape artists and albums, or completely unlistenable and abrasive. The artists I'm really enjoying right now are Keith Fullerton Whitman, nurse with wound, zoviet France, nod, and burial hex to just name a very few.

Edited by Sheavy - 28 Jun 2016 at 12:22am
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 12:35am
^Ah, I have some pretty eclectic tastes so I love both repetitive stuff along the lines of Kraftwerk and early The Orb, and eclectic artists like Deadmau5, Eat Static, and Orbital. I mostly gravitate towards either chillout/downtempo stuff or really energetic breakbeat or IDM. That's probably one reason why I love Deadmau5 so much, as he combines both. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:12pm
I love electronic music too! Some of my favorites include:

pre-60s

Edgar Varèse, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Raymond Scott

60s

Terry Riley, Wendy Carlos (then Walter), Silver Apples, White Noise, Mort Garson

70s

Kraftwerk, Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, Zygoat, Cluster, Heldon, Lard Free, 

80s

Depeche Mode, New Order, OMD, Pet Shop Boys, Ultravox, Skinny Puppy, Thomas Dolby, Coil, Phililp Glass and many new wave and synthpop bands like Duran Duran and Men Without Hats!

90s

Portishead, Björk, Massive Attack, Aphex Twin, Air, Autechre, Orbital, Prodigy, Stereolab, Amon Tobin, Chemical Brothers, The Orb, Daft Punk, Squarepusher, Infected Mushroom, Shpongle

2000s

The Knife, Gorillaz, M.I.A., Fuck Buttons, MGMT, Ladytron, 

What i can think of at the moment. Lots of cool stuff out there. Seems like a lot to discover still

Edited by siLLy puPPy - 28 Jun 2016 at 2:15pm
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:45pm
I would enjoy ambient music if it weren't for the fact it's so easy to replicate amateurishly (and usually in low quality).
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

pre-60s

60s

Terry Riley, Wendy Carlos (then Walter), Silver Apples, White Noise, Mort Garson

70s

Kraftwerk, Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, Zygoat, Cluster, Heldon, Lard Free, 

80s

Depeche Mode, New Order, OMD, Pet Shop Boys, Ultravox, Skinny Puppy, Thomas Dolby, Coil, Phililp Glass and many new wave and synthpop bands like Duran Duran and Men Without Hats!

90s

Portishead, Björk, Massive Attack, Aphex Twin, Air, Autechre, Orbital, Prodigy, Stereolab, Amon Tobin, Chemical Brothers, The Orb, Daft Punk, Squarepusher, Infected Mushroom, Shpongle

2000s

What i can think of at the moment. Lots of cool stuff out there. Seems like a lot to discover still

You're really missing out on Deadmau5 and Eat Static, I'd highly recommend checking them out when you get the chance.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

pre-60s

60s

70s

80s

90s

2000s

You're really missing out on Deadmau5 and Eat Static, I'd highly recommend checking them out when you get the chance.

Hey, you're right! I'll check em out but you reminded me that i do like Mouse On Mars :) 
Also like trance stuff like Juno Reactor and other Goa Trance stuff. Going to Burning Man has expanded the electronica on speed palette :P
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:45pm
I refuse to let anyone forget about about Eiffel 65.

Edited by aglasshouse - 28 Jun 2016 at 11:48pm
Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 2:51pm
There has to be some other Power Electronics fans here. Probably not.

Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 4:07pm
Does the band "Blood Red Shoes" count??? I can't quite figure out if they are metal or electronic or what...I love the band though!! 
moody metal maiden
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 8:49am
i got some faith in Faithless, love Insomnia
Vixen Erotica View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vixen Erotica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 4:20pm
I am not a huge fan of electronic music myself....it is irritating + too loud for my tastes...My fiance' loves it, so, I have to pretend like I love it too...It actually makes my head hurt like hell when I hear it playing..=[ 
moody metal maiden
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic