1 [33.33%]
2 [66.67%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dave Grohl vs Matt Cameron
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 12:55pm
I have always wanted to know the outcome of paring these two drummers together in a poll, becouse they are both realy good

precise, timing, techniqe, hard hitting and solid drummers

Matt Cameron is the best technical drummer of them, but Grohl have more timing and precision (but not by much), and he hitt harder, but Matt aint a slacker behind the kitt

Like I said I have alway wanted to pare these two drummers in a poll, so now lets the poll beginn

Edited by Balthamel - 13 Oct 2010 at 12:57pm
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 7:54pm

personly I have allways like Matt Cameron, to me he is one of the most forgotten drummer whom is better then what by far most people (drummers also) even dosen't know of,

he deserves so much more atention, to me he's not just a "grunge" drummer, he is a musician with a distinct thought out way to play drums, he is out after a sound and know how to achive that

hes main motto is that he wants the drums to actualy be melodic, to play with the mood of the song, he drums not for himself but for the overallsound of the song, to fill up the gaps and the holes and to be everywhere and to sound fresh.

he is after to achive to play certain moods, like sad, angry, happy, moody, energic, jolly, sexy, dark, etc, and he flows realy good

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:09am
I like Cameron's work on Pearl Jam albums, the Geddy Lee solo and the Soundgarden that I've managed to hear, but Dave Grohl is one of my biggest favourites. Especially love his work on In Utero.
<- Click on this!
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 5:52am
I have a preferance for Matt Cameron. When you hear live stuff I'd say Matt and Dave are equally good.
However Matt has a larger body of work behind him as a drummer than Dave does and I find his studio work a lot more interesting overall.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 6:12pm
bump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic