Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What languages do you speak?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:53am
LOL it's spelled Cześć. But you're close with pronunciation, it's like "sh" and "ch" but much softer. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Poland. You're probably right about the similarities, I must admit I don't know much about Russian. 
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:11am
I don't have a good enough keyboard! It's been a while since i've whipped out some Polish but it's like riding a bike. It lurks in there :)
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:30am
oh yeah, you need a Military Class keyboard to type that kind of stuff! In fact, most polish people don't use Polish characters, they just type czesc, zurek, kapac sie - not because they're lazy, mind you. They just don't have connections with the military.
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:14pm
I'm joking and all, but if you want to learn some more Polish, let me know, I'm more than willing to help Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 2:36pm
Dzienkuje bardzo! Been a while but that looks dobry
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:44pm
^^ I also speak Woof

Woof! Tongue
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:48pm
Yeah but do you speak Oink? Pig
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 11:25pm
^^ Oink, oink. Like those damn pigs that abuse their power 
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 12:17pm
English, spanish, italian, a little bit of german, some memories of portugues lessons, a few latin proverbs, a couple of politeness expressions in japanese and in croatian.

Oh, and my mother tongue are Frenches (since there are many ways to speak it. Trust me).
RRROOOAAARRR!!! - Vo�vod, II-1, 1986 B.C.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Swedish is closely related to Danish and if I concentrate I can have a fairly reasonable conversation with a Swede, but I´m afraid I´m not skilled enough to teach you LOL
no problem, Jonas Tongue It's the same with Polish and Czech for me, I guess. Apparently Czech people understand us better than we understand them, though. I've been thinking about a reason behind that phenomenon a lot! No idea LOL

Could you type something in Danish? For instance: "I love metal music. My socks smell like chicken stew. Down with the system!" 

Or whatever you prefer.

Ahh...didn´t see your request before now. I´ll make a direct translation of your text into Danish: Jeg elsker metal musik. Mine sokker lugter at kyllinge gryde. Ned med systemet! Tongue
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 2:33pm
LOL thanks man, my life is complete now. 

It's indeed very similar to Swedish! It's "Jag alskar" and "mina sockor" in swedish and the articles in the form of suffixes seem the same. I know nothing more about Swedish though, hah.
We don't have any articles in Polish so learning how to use them is the worst thing ever. Especially in French, ugh, the very thought of it makes me cringe.

Edited by bartosso - 16 Apr 2015 at 2:50pm
Valdis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valdis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 7:10am
My mother tongue is Spanish, but I also speak English, French, a little of German and Japanese. I studied Latin some years ago, although I have forgotten most of it.
Rely on nothing under heaven.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 7:56am

It's indeed very similar to Swedish! It's "Jag alskar" and "mina sockor" in swedish and the articles in the form of suffixes seem the same. I know nothing more about Swedish though, hah.
We don't have any articles in Polish so learning how to use them is the worst thing ever. Especially in French, ugh, the very thought of it makes me cringe.

The written language is even closer to Norwegian than Swedish, and I personally think it´s easier to understand what a Norwegian says than what a Swede says.

I went to a Marduk concert in Malmö a couple of years ago, and after the concert was over, I went to the train station to grap a train back to Copenhagen, but wanted a burger to eat on the train. So I went to Burger King (or whatever it was), and I´m embarrased to say I didn´t understand a single Word of what the beautiful girl behind the counter said to me, and had to resort to pointing LOL. Completely ridiculous taking into consideration how closely related our languages are, but I guess I just don´t have the ear for it.

Edited by UMUR - 17 Apr 2015 at 7:59am
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:05am

So you dont have articles in polish news papers?
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:08am
do not tåke offence UmUr, just a skit from Norway om the evolutio of danish.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

i recomend more of Team Antonsen btw
iron_union View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iron_union Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 3:44am
Chinese. Hopefully I'm the only one:)
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 3:57am
English.....poorly.
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

English.....poorly.

You probably speak it better than alot of those born and raised in my country. Don't feel bad about it.
Wyvern_13 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyvern_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 5:42pm
I speak Icelandic and English fluently. I can mostly understand Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Faroese if I'm reading it but I cant really speak any of em. I studied German in high school but very little of it has stuck through the years. I can order food just fine and I can kiiiind of get the gist of it if I'm reading it. Not enough to say I speak it though.
Þessi undirskrift kemur málinu bara alls ekkert við!
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Dobbie03 Dobbie03 wrote:

English.....poorly.

That goes for all Kiwis, doesn't it?Big smile

I also speak a very little bit of French and Maori, and a few words of Korean (beer, hamburger, sit down, rabbit, snail, cockroach. I'm sure there were other words, but I can't remember at the moment!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic