MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's your stance on piracy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: What's your stance on piracy?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [11.11%]
1 [11.11%]
3 [33.33%]
1 [11.11%]
3 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

EDIT: Maybe I should of asked this first, does youtube-mp3 count as piracy? That's what I do, I never use pirating sites.
It's softcore piracy LOL ohoh so funny. Anyway, yes, I think people who upload music on YT without permission are technically pirates. And people who listen to it on YT... well, what difference does it really make if you download it or just stream it? I'm not sure, there's some difference I guess. I know that many artists consider it a good way to get free advertising, though. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:19am
There's plenty of free-to-download music out there without pirating. If an artist wants (and is completely right to expect) compensation for sharing the results of his labour with you, it's theft to take it without payment. Iit's not really different from shoplifting.

I know lots of people do it (I understand why, and it's not for me to judge), but I don't partake of illegal downloads. I mostly buy physical products anyway, which causes its own problems (the wife's forced me to crate up my 2k+ CDs and stuff them in a big cupboard, which makes owning the physical product kind of pointless Cry).

However, I do agree that the world is unequal enough already. But that's enough of my lefty politics Wink

Edited by Bosh66 - 15 Oct 2014 at 11:20am
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:18am
So, you'd rather pick the fourth option, right? 

And just one more thing to all of you: we're talking about piracy in general (movies, games, books) not just music.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 11:10am
I'm personally completely for it. Sometimes it's necessary when there is an album I want that I can't find anywhere else. Confused 

Maybe I shouldn't have said it was the best thing ever though, because it's not in my opinion. LOL

Edited by Unitron - 24 Oct 2014 at 6:13pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 10:57am
Elaborate on your votes, please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic