Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2016 at 10:23pm
I  finally got it, thanks for the help. I also ended up finishing the main quest tonight, though I'll probably go back at some point to do more exploration, and somewhere way down the road I'll play through the game with my non idiot character so I can do a more serious playthrough of the DLC.

Major spoilers below, for people who intend to play Far Harbor:

So basically, I'd describe my playthrough as a comedy of chaos. My character is a total idiot (I started with 1 int and 10 strength) so right from the start I knew I had to align myself with Far Harbor because of how stupid Allen comes across and this became even more obvious when I saw that the other two factions were both reasonable and had logical explanations for what they do, in their own twisted ways. 

What I ended up doing was as soon I discovered the nuclear launch key, I went straight to the Nucleus and nuked it, which led to a crazy sequence where everyone there turned hostile and I had limited time to escape before it blew up. Both of the remaining factions disapproved and Nick disapproved (I'm probably on his bad side after this DLC, lol) except Allen was extremely happy. Then, I told Allen about Avery being a synth, which after getting the proof for it, led to him shooting her, Brookes somehow got caught in the fight and died as well, and then I joined Allen and the harbormen in an attack to wipe out everyone in Acadia, including Kasumi. So pretty much, I went with the nuclear option and it was really crazy and stupid, but it made sense for how I've been playing this character. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:26am
lol sounds like you had an even more disasterous ending than I did! Though it does sound like it was what you were going for.

Mine felt like a failure because my character is always trying to help everyone, but I ended up with an ending where the only way to complete the game was to either set off the nuke or destroy Far Harbour. 

It all went wrong when confronting Dima about Avery. I initially selected an option about moving forward after what he'd done, but Nick suddenly chimed in with a negative comment, so I changed tack and persuaded Dima to confess what he'd done. Which led to his execution, though my good deeds for Far Harbour also persuaded them to not attack Acadia. However this upset Nick as I previously persuaded him to give Dima a chance. 

So unless I wanted to destroy Far Harbour (which would have been even more out of character), I had to set off the nuke, though I did it my persuading Tektus to allow it rather than just turning the key and running. However this angered Avery and asked me to leave no matter how I justified it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 3:13pm
Been playing Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal lately, and it's becoming one of the most fun action-platformers I've played so far. I love how you can upgrade all the weapons and have such an extensive choice of weapons.  
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:07am
New Witcher patch went live today.

Game broken. Probably because of mods but I've been tinkering with it for ages now and still can't get it to even start let alone play. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 10:57am
Yeah, CD Projeckt Red are absolutely terrible when it comes to making their games actually work. Which sucks, because the game itself is great. I'm about to download my patch, so wish me luck. Assuming all goes well, Blood and Wine unlocks for me at around 7 tonight (already pre-loaded and ready to go,) and I'll be starting around 11.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 11:04am
It's not really that, it's just their engine seems incapable of having mods still work when the version updates, which is strange. Uninstalled them all now and the game works fine, though the interface overhaul will take some getting used to. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 12:25pm
Just finished Far Harbour again, and got the peaceful ending this time: all factions existing in peace, though it took a couple of questionable actions to get there. 

Also just noticed that Blood and Wine does indeed unlock for me in about five hours now. I forgot that Steam changed their unlock time at some point, it always used to be that I had to wait until about 6PM on the release day. May leave it installing overnight so it's ready and waiting. Hopefully more of my mods will be updated by then as well. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:37pm
I loaded it up quickly to see what it was like after the patch and noticed a couple weird glitches: My character was at level 38 with 2000/2000 XP, which is apparently a common glitch people are having now, and also the game claims my Geralt that cleared the main quest and went all the way through Hearts of Stone has only been around for 7 hours and 45 minutes. I think that's just a little bit off Wink Actually, I got that glitch on an earlier patch, where my time went from 2 days and something to 1 day and something, so I was never able to record an accurate play time on my videogame list on RYM. One good thing I noticed, was that the manual drawing/sheathing of swords was working and is very convenient.

Edited by DippoMagoo - 30 May 2016 at 1:38pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:44pm
Exp glitch is weird but sorts itself out once you gain a few points. I had it too. Just go kill something. Maybe it has something to do with the max level cap changing? Saw something similar when using a mod that did the same thing that I installed wrong. 

I haven't noticed anything wrong with my play time, but I track via Steam and don't really pay attention to what the save says. Will have a look out of curiosity in a moment. 

One glitch I did have which I've had before is that some of my graphics settings were changed, so I had to reset those to restore my balance between quality and performance for my PC, which seems to be about the same as before. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 1:59pm
One thing I have noticed though: the game is loading much faster for me after this update. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 5:19am
I've played about four hours of Blood and Wine so far and loving it. Played the main quest for a little while and have just branched off onto my first side quest, which has proved quite major so far. Taking a little break and will go back later. Don't feel as if I've barely scratched what the new region has to offer yet. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:35pm
I've played for around 4-5 hours so far, and it's been awesome. Unsurprisingly, I've done very little of the main quest so far: The instant I was given freedom, I decided to take on a contract, which led me to the far western edge of the new map (it's absolutely huge for a DLC, btw,) where I've mostly been seeking out ?s, but between those and just randomly running through towns, I've triggered a bunch of little side quests, which have all been very good. They certainly weren't kidding when they said this thing has enough content to be a full game on its own.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 10:57am
I've done one further main quest today. I'm not in any mood to rush it. I like exploring. Done the odd side quest, including all Grandmaster armour (bring a ton of coin, I had over 20000 crowns on me when going to actually get the set I use crafted, and I didn't have enough money!). Think I'm going to have to rethink my plan of crafting all Witcher sets on this save and displaying them in the house, least not at grandmaster level. I just finished getting the cards for the Skellige Gwent deck so I can do the tournament. I'm not really impressed that I have to use a set deck to do it as I quite like the deck I've built - in point of fact it seems pretty much unbeatable, and I'm really not familiar with the new deck yet. 

Hit one plot error so far which was pretty shocking to say the least given the game's usual standards - I've only just reached the Ugly Baby quest in the main game on this save - but I had a scene in B&W today where Geralt directly referenced defeating the Wild Hunt with Ciri, which hasn't happened yet on this save. I guess that's my fault for playing with a modded game where Geralt increased in level a lot quicker than he should, but Hearts of Stone had a similar situation regarding base game plot points and this sort of thing didn't happen there. 

Edited by adg211288 - 01 Jun 2016 at 11:47am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 4:31pm
Well I just finished Blood and Wine. 

If I thought I had messed up Far Harbour before well, that really didn't compare to how Blood and Wine ended for me. The game actually managed to trick me into thinking I did everything right, only to abruptly get what seems to be the worse ending possible. And I have absolutely no idea where exactly I went wrong. I presume it was some time after getting the point of no return warning (Fortunately I still have my manual save from that point so I could go back and try again, or just start off on my NG+ plus run with this save's Geralt), but the exact point I really don't know. 

I guess this means the DLC handles the whole 'choices matter' thing even better than the rest of the game/series has (to be fair, the base game ending hinges on just a few decisions with Ciri) but damn, that ending was pretty gut-wrenching. I kinda feel as if I should just accept it and know to try something else next time around, but I'm literally seething at it and want to reset to the older save. That's not a criticism of the DLC mind you. Can't even remember the last time a game got me worked up like this. 

Oh and I also want to know where the hell this place was, as I didn't seen anything remotely like it.

Edited by adg211288 - 02 Jun 2016 at 4:40pm
GG2U

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 1:01pm
Have any of you guys played the new Doom game? I haven't touched the multiplayer yet (I'm not big on online FPS games usually), but the single player campaign is stellar IMO. Great gunplay, creative level design, lots of secrets, and just a tremendous rhythm to the gameplay. I've always had a soft spot for old school shooters, and this one ticks all the right boxes.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Have any of you guys played the new Doom game? I haven't touched the multiplayer yet (I'm not big on online FPS games usually), but the single player campaign is stellar IMO. Great gunplay, creative level design, lots of secrets, and just a tremendous rhythm to the gameplay. I've always had a soft spot for old school shooters, and this one ticks all the right boxes.

I played it at a friends house last month, and it was awesome. I loved how it blended the classic Doom elements with the styles of modern FPS games. Unfortunately I can't get it for myself as there's no way my computer would be able to handle it. LOL
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 1:11pm
I was amazed that there was never a dip in the framerate on XB1. The graphics are great and the amount of shit going on at any one point is staggering. Wacko No way my PC could handle it either.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 1:51pm
I've heard good things about it but I can't say it's really been on my radar as yet. I never played the older ones though which may explain my lack of interest. 
GG2U

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 3:39pm
If you get a chance, the two original games are top-notch IMO (and worth playing first). I was born after they were released and didn't play them until around 2010, so nostalgia isn't clouding my opinion. LOL The level design is unparalleled and it's some of the most fun I've ever had with a video game.
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 3:56pm
Also, with the original Doom games, the fun never ends even after you beat the game. The modding community is still huge, me included as I've started making my own maps, so there are tons of new fun levels to play if you get bored. Just beware of Terry Traps (Doom fans will know what I'm talking about Wink). Doom II may very well be my favorite game of all time.

For anyone curious, Terry Traps are basically really obnoxious "joke" maps that will lull you into a false sense of "Wow, this is a sweet map", then destroy your ears with noise and spam your screen with gibberish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 94>
  Share Topic