Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I didn't know that you could still rent games for Game Cube. 

I remember the first video game i rented was Jungle Book for GameBoy.  It was at the grand opening of a video game store (which has since closed down).  It was really packed that day, but every other time I went in there it was pretty much just my brother and me.  The store, from the chain Microplay, lasted a lot longer than I thought it would (I'd guess 12 years).

It was from my library. Big smile That place has a HUGE selection of games for free 1-week rentals. I've literally played dozens of games that way.

From what I remember, my local library only has a handful of games, all of which are from the latest generation of consoles.  They have an annual library sale that is often used to get rid of some of the older or neglected material.  It's coming up in the beginning of November, but they either never sell old video games or they are bought very early on.  I still look forward to going for the books and music. There's always a nice buy to be had. Big smile
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 7:55am
I tend to dislike a lot of newer games. I think that, while the graphics and other aesthetic dimensions are impressive, the gameplays are often weak and boring. I guess I'm old school when it comes to computer games.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I tend to dislike a lot of newer games. I think that, while the graphics and other aesthetic dimensions are impressive, the gameplays are often weak and boring. I guess I'm old school when it comes to computer games.

How old-school are you? Are just an 8-bit guy, or do you also like N64/PSX era as well? Smile
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 5:28pm
I picked up 3 NES games at the flea market: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DuckTales, and Tecmo Bowl.  TMNT works fine, but the other 2 are still battling dust problems so I'll have to clean them.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 6:59pm
^ There's nothin' quite like killing 20 minutes with dusting and blowing off old cartridges! LOL
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 10:18pm

^ There's nothin' quite like killing 20 minutes with dusting and blowing off old cartridges! LOL

I got Duck Tales going, but Tecmo Bowl is still causing some problems.  I haven't played my NES in around 5 months, and I find it takes frequent use to keep it in working order.  I'll keep chipping away at it, but now I'm out of breath. LOL

If I have some time, I might crack open the system and give it a proper cleaning (never have yet).  Someday I'll plunk down the money and get a top loading version of NES to avoid some of the common problems.
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 11:13pm

This has been my thing recently, on an emulator though.

Edited by Pekka - 17 Oct 2010 at 11:14pm
<- Click on this!
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 10:11am
Must admit, I've been lately addicted to the public servers on Enemy Territory. I'm not much of a player usually, but somehow this game hooks me every year for a few weeks every time, usually at autumn, haha...

Edited by Vehemency - 18 Oct 2010 at 10:12am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 11:32pm
I finally got all the Nintendo games I bought to work.  I had to open up the system and loosen the connector pins so they'd spring back into position.  The only downside is that the games are held in too tightly, so it may scratch the contacts of the games.  I'll try to flatten the contacts just a little bit to avoid this as much as I can.  The games also run much better (better than they ever did) when you don't push down the spring holder for the game.

The things I have to go through for my old-school fix ... LOL
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 3:07pm
I started Resident Evil 4 yesterday, and I've got a feeling it's not gonna get renewed. Simply not my thing at all. I  might give it another shot later tonight, though.

Edited by J-Man - 20 Oct 2010 at 3:12pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 4:57pm
I played a bit of StarTropics today on NES.  It's a fun game, and probably one of the best (at least in terms of story and depth) in my tiny Nintendo collection.

I might head to the nearest Cash Converters (pawn shop) tomorrow to see what they have.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 1:41pm
Ended up picking up Faxanadu.  I haven't played it yet, but it seems like a solid action/adventure game with some RPG elements.

The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 7:18pm
Black Ops coming out tomorrow!! Pumped!!

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

Black Ops coming out tomorrow!! Pumped!!

Hell yeah!! That's all my day will consist of tomorrow! LOL

Anyway, I've been playing these games recently:

Halo: Reach
Gears of War
Modern Warfare 2

All for the Xbox 360...
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:30pm
Just picked up the new COD... Black Ops is AWESOME!!! Clap Highly Recommended.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:09am

Just picked up the new COD... Black Ops is AWESOME!!! Clap Highly Recommended.

My 3 lads have all bought it and are playing it 24/7.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 5:57pm
^ I can relate to that! LOL I can't wait until this weekend... that will be ALL I do! Tongue
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 11:43am
It's now 20 days after Black Ops... and it's still on heavy rotation. Geek Those wager matches are incredible! Clap
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 12:28pm
I must admit that I have very little idea of what Black Ops is, instead I'm playing this nice Zeldaish game:

I just realized that the last games I was expecting to come out were probably the first Baldur's Gate and Final Fantasy IX, god I'm old LOL

Edited by Pekka - 29 Nov 2010 at 12:41pm
<- Click on this!
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 4:30pm
Probably gonna pick up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood soon, looks sic!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 94>
  Share Topic