Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:16pm
Picked up these games today:

I'm going to have to return True Crime: NYC because it's not compatible with the Xbox 360, as well as the Diablo box set (unfortunately) because I can't get it to work with Windows 7, but the rest remains. I'm gonna re-buy True Crime: NYC for the PS2 or Gamecube soon, and also buy a new (working) PS2 in the near future.... my current one is really hit-and-miss.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the SNES at the moment (as well as Resident Evil 4 and the original Forza Motorsport):

I can't believe I've never played it before now... I've only played about an hour of it, and I'm already completely sucked in. There's a reason this game is considered a timeless masterpiece.

And the music...

This song is a masterpiece.

Agreed on both accounts, amazing OST and one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and one I've been over many times since the 90s, great game indeed
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 8:50pm
^ oh, and for me, Diablo II worked ok on Windows 7  - surprisingly in Compatability mode, though I imagine you've tried that already?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

^ oh, and for me, Diablo II worked ok on Windows 7  - surprisingly in Compatability mode, though I imagine you've tried that already?

Yep. I actually returned it today (now I have 20 bucks in store credit) because I couldn't get rid of a few glitches.

The game took about 10 minutes to appear after clicking on the icon, and when it did appear the color palette was all screwed up. It also ran through every single letter and symbol in the top left corner of my screen before I could play. Confused Tried downloading a copy, getting a patch, compatibility mode, and just about everything else, and I just couldn't get it to play correctly.

That's why I'm a console gamer for life! LOL
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:12pm

Yep. I actually returned it today (now I have 20 bucks in store credit) because I couldn't get rid of a few glitches.

The game took about 10 minutes to appear after clicking on the icon, and when it did appear the color palette was all screwed up. It also ran through every single letter and symbol in the top left corner of my screen before I could play. Confused Tried downloading a copy, getting a patch, compatibility mode, and just about everything else, and I just couldn't get it to play correctly.

QFT

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:15pm
So Bioware is calling voice actors in for the Extended Cut for Mass Effect 3.  This is a good sign.

And once more, since I can't emphasize it enough, FUCK THE INDOCTRINATION THEORY.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

QFT

I'm never sure if someone is saying "quoted for truth" or "quit fucking trolling."

...Either way I disagree.  I hate being tied down to a console.  I like to be able to freely upgrade my system and mod my games.  Also a keyboard and mouse feels a lot more accurate.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:38pm
SKwid, Yeah, console can be more reliable - I guard my SNES, Megadrive and 64s very jealously because I'll be cut if they ever breakdown
J-Man, wow, you went through so much more than I did to get it working, damn, what a rip. At least there is talk of Diablo III coming to console

I do love mouse and keyboard for some games but
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

QFT

I'm never sure if someone is saying "quoted for truth" or "quit fucking trolling."

...Either way I disagree.  I hate being tied down to a console.  I like to be able to freely upgrade my system and mod my games.  Also a keyboard and mouse feels a lot more accurate.

I just tend to have terrible luck with getting shit to work! LOL Playing older DOS games on my PC always gives me headaches, and the iffy XP/Vista compatibility with Windows 7 can be a hassle too.

I like consoles because I buy the game, put it in the console, and it will definitely WORK! Big smile

I'm also a much bigger fan of good controllers than using a keyboard and mouse, but I think it boils down to personal preference. Certain games (like SimCity for example) work much better with a computer than they do using a gamepad.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:29pm

SKwid, Yeah, console can be more reliable - I guard my SNES, Megadrive and 64s very jealously because I'll be cut if they ever breakdown
J-Man, wow, you went through so much more than I did to get it working, damn, what a rip. At least there is talk of Diablo III coming to console

I hope so! I still want to get the original Diablo for PS1, but that's getting pricey these days. Unhappy

And, of course, if the PC game is built for 7 (which I think it is), compatibility shouldn't be an issue. Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 3:28am
I'm a PC gamer through and through as of now. This said I don't typically play old games on it so I haven't encountered issues trying to run them. My oldest games are on consoles so no issues there. My oldest game for the PC is Morrowind at 10 years. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 3:15pm

Im into my second day at mty new job, and we (the group of summer students im in) still havent receved any work to do, so im spending my time making a text based adventure game in perl.

im making it about a regular working day, but focusing less on the working part, and more about the getting ready and coming home.
something to pass the time. 

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 3:16pm

ive never had i decent enough computer to really get into console gaming, once i buy a new setup, i mihgt get more into the mouse and keyboard side of gaming.

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:53pm

SKwid, Yeah, console can be more reliable

Hi, I'm xbox 360
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Hi, I'm xbox 360

LOLDead

Well... mine's worked okay for the past few years... after getting the damn red ring 3 TIMES! Angry
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:43pm

Hi, I'm xbox 360

Hahaha - my consoles are megadrive, snes & 64 (so far) never had a problem since the early 90s for two of em
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:35pm
^ A lot of the old school, cartridge based consoles just don't break too often. A lot less things can go wrong with those than with consoles that use optical-based media. My old N64 is still running perfectly too.Smile
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:04am

Hi, I'm xbox 360
Hi, im PSN

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:14am

Hi, I'm xbox 360
Hi, im PSN

All of you, watch the first 40 seconds of this:

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Hi, I'm xbox 360
Hi, im PSN

All of you, watch the first 40 seconds of this:

i love zero punctuation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 94>
  Share Topic