Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 929394
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 12:10am
Finished the trilogy. ME3 is still my least favorite, though now it's largely due to some game design issues (quest tracking is a nightmare, the map is less reliable than in 2, which was less reliable than in 1, side quests are really bad, way too much wave based arena style combat and not enough exploration, lack of RPG elements, etc.) I still enjoyed it, though, with combat largely being fun, and obviously I love the characters and many events that pay off the first two games. The Citadel DLC is especially nice, and this was my first time going through it. 

The big elephant in the room: I now understand the ending better. It's still my least favorite in the series, and still feels a bit underwhelming, but it's definitely better than I originally thought, and does feel like a logical conclusion, based on everything the series had been hinting at. I guess I just expected something a bit more epic, but it is fitting, if not particularly satisfying. The endings ME1 and especially ME2 are so much better, though. 

I'll start Andromeda tomorrow, which I expect I'll still like more than ME3, possibly ME1, depending on how the combat and story hold up, since I know I love the exploration, Sudoku puzzles, and a lot of the design choices it made that feel more in line with ME1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 929394
  Share Topic