MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91929394>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:55am
^I've never played CTR but certainly would like to!

Also, I've hit my first major roadblock in a Crash game...namely the level 'Road to Nowhere' in the first game! Requires near precision jumping the whole level. It's quite nerve-racking.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:45am
Picked up the new Amnesia game on discount this morning. Spent some of my reserve credit on Steam that was earmarked for Cyberpunk. Starting to feel like it would sit there forever now since I'm still not seeing many good reports about that game. I think I'm waiting for a real deep discount now on it. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 8:54am
I'm back to playing My Summer Car, which I hadn't played since 2017 and it has been updated significantly
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Picked up the new Amnesia game on discount this morning. Spent some of my reserve credit on Steam that was earmarked for Cyberpunk. Starting to feel like it would sit there forever now since I'm still not seeing many good reports about that game. I think I'm waiting for a real deep discount now on it. 

Finished this today. Was definitely good, though the original is still the classic. The feeling of threat in the game feels a bit diminished though, especially after you've 'died' a few times. 

Hit one game breaking bug while playing that led to me having to restart a level, which was completely the fault of the death/fear mechanic. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 1:05pm
Finally beat Serious Sam 3. Final boss wasn't as bad I thought.

Edited by Psydye - 21 Apr 2021 at 1:05pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 6:48pm
SO close to beating Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Psydye Psydye wrote:

SO close to beating Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs!

I never got very far with this one, for some reason. I must try it again.
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
Finished! Yeah the game's got quite the twisted story! Now time to move on to another game I've been procrastinating for beating for some time: Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 11:29am
Beaten! On to the next game lol!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:13am
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 4:05pm
Another Terraria build I worked on today.

This is easily my favourite of my own builds yet. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 5:16pm
I'm about 11 hours into Mass Effect 1 on the Legendary Edition. So far, the improvements seem fairly minor: Graphics are definitely better, combat feels a tad better, and the Mako seems to feel a bit better, but it's definitely still not up to par with how I remember ME2 playing (I guess I'll see how that feels sometime next week, when I get to it.) 

The side quests are actually fun, though, and I'm enjoying driving the Mako around the different planets more than I did before, which is good. It almost feels like Andromeda on a smaller scale in many ways, with even combat basically being a primitive version of that game, while ME2/3 have a more tactical cover based style, as far as I remember. So far, I'm definitely loving the game as much as I did before, even though it's definitely a bit janky at times, lol
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I'm about 11 hours into Mass Effect 1 on the Legendary Edition. So far, the improvements seem fairly minor: Graphics are definitely better, combat feels a tad better, and the Mako seems to feel a bit better, but it's definitely still not up to par with how I remember ME2 playing (I guess I'll see how that feels sometime next week, when I get to it.) 

The side quests are actually fun, though, and I'm enjoying driving the Mako around the different planets more than I did before, which is good. It almost feels like Andromeda on a smaller scale in many ways, with even combat basically being a primitive version of that game, while ME2/3 have a more tactical cover based style, as far as I remember. So far, I'm definitely loving the game as much as I did before, even though it's definitely a bit janky at times, lol

What platform are you using? Console or PC? I have ME 2&3 on PS3, but have never played the first one.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:31pm
PS4. I played the originals on Xbox 360, because that was my system for most of the console gen, but this time I went back to Sony, as usual (likely will for PS5 as well, with a gaming laptop as a secondary option.) 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:14am
I'm quite happy with the originals until the Legendary gets a price cut. I was playing a modded version of ME1 recently though didn't finish it yet for some reason or another and it looks pretty damn good now for free. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Just checked it out. That's what I'm getting myself for my birthday.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:01pm
I can definitely see it not being worth it for PC owners, as with most remasters (though my brother got it on PC and seems happy with it.) But for people like me who only had it on older consoles, I'd say the improved graphics and small overhauls are enough to justify buying it again, especially for the chance to have it on a new(er) system you plan on keeping around for a while (or in my case, even if I ditch my PS4, I know the PS5 will also be able to play it, so the copy won't become useless, or anything.)

I think the best way to describe ME1 Legendary Edition, is it's pretty much exactly the game I remembered it to be, instead of being exactly what it was in reality. Just playing it based on my knowledge of the original, it felt exactly how I remembered it, but then going back to watch footage of the original I can see this version is much smoother and more polished compared to that, so it pretty much adjusts the game so it matches what your nostalgia remembers it being like. Haven't gotten to ME2 yet (I've so far done the dig site and Feros, as far as main story missions go, though I might get to Noveria tonight, after a bunch of side stuff) but from what I've heard, it and ME3 also had slight adjustments, though they'll mostly just be better looking versions of their originals.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:12am
I'm most interested in it for improvements to ME1 (which is a lot more clunky to play), which is also why I don't want to drop the full £54.99 on it. 

I still really want to play Cyberpunk 2077, but I was put off by all the problems and I haven't been hearing much about that game lately. Reviews on Steam aren't improving much by the look of it. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:51am
on PC, ME1 is the least clunky of the series to play LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:50am
The Mako says hi.

GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91929394>
  Share Topic