Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:22pm
Yeah, I'm honestly starting to wonder if that game may have just been a total fluke. I played their first game, Remember Me, and it wasn't that great, Vampyr was absolutely TERRIBLE, probably one of the worst games I've ever played, the Captain Spirit teaser thing wasn't too good, LiS 2 looks boring, and they have a new release Tell Me Why, which doesn't look that great, either. So, I think the first LiS must have been a once in a lifetime fluke, sort of thing, somehow.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm
Currently enjoying Doom '16. I'm on the 2nd phase of the Cyberdemon fight right now. Keep dying, but inching closer!
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 12:50am
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Yeah, I'm honestly starting to wonder if that game may have just been a total fluke. I played their first game, Remember Me, and it wasn't that great, Vampyr was absolutely TERRIBLE, probably one of the worst games I've ever played, the Captain Spirit teaser thing wasn't too good, LiS 2 looks boring, and they have a new release Tell Me Why, which doesn't look that great, either. So, I think the first LiS must have been a once in a lifetime fluke, sort of thing, somehow.

I actually liked Remember Me. I consider it one of if not the most underrated game of the last decade. I'm not saying it doesn't have faults and ways it could have been improved, but overall it was fun with an interesting story and environments to traverse. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 8:46am
https://store.steampowered.com/app/913740/WORLD_OF_HORROR/

cool game
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:08pm
So who's getting Cyberpunk on day 1 then?

I'm waiting for a bit. £50's a lot to drop on a game right now. Even when it's by the people who made my favourite game of all time. PC Gamer's review paints a bug ridden horror story as well. Ouch

In other news I noticed that The Outer Worlds finally dropped on Steam in October. I want to give a shout out to the genius of Epic Store exclusivity that made me totally forget that game was even a thing. Same goes for Borderlands 3 which having had the story spoiled I can't be arsed with. Any hype I once had for Outer Worlds has faded away as well and as with above, I don't feel inclined to drop £50 on it. Wondering now have many other new games Epic poached that I don't even remember. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:32pm
I doubt it even runs on my computer.  I haven't been interested in these 50+GB AAA games at all.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:38pm
The spec doesn't look as horrendous as I'd expected, but I often find specs don't mean much and are often understated if you're expecting even 1080P 60FPS. 

That's another reason to wait. I still remember Dishonored 2 at the start. The FPS on that has improved so much now although there's still some areas I can't get 60 steady in. 
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 2:45pm
I'm probably going to wait until Cyberpunk drops in price, so at least 6 months, if not longer. By then I'll know if it's worth it. Waited a good 18 months to get Red Dead Redemption 2. Am planning on getting The Witcher 3 for myself as a Christmas present. I don't get the chance to game much these days.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 3:02pm
I have mainly been playing multiplayer shooters with my out of town buddies on saturday nights - lately: Battlefield 2 & Vietnam, Sven Co-Op, Deep Rock Galactic, left 4 dead, counterstrike 
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 12:20pm
I have Cyberpunk preloaded and ready to go on PS4. I'm expecting a total shitshow, but I'll give it a try, to see if it's even playable on my PS4, knowing that regardless of what happens, when I get a PS5 sometime next year, I'll get a free upgrade and be able to play the game again with improved performance. I'm hoping my current version will be able to play it well enough for a full playthrough, but I'm honestly kinda not expecting it. I guess we'll see how it goes.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:09pm
The Long Dark got a new region yesterday. Of course when I loaded my save today I couldn't have been much further from it. Still haven't made it there for a look yet. Spent ages trying to find my way out of the region I last saved in since it was the then new one and I haven't played it too much. Ended finding a secret path which ultimately led me absolutely nowhere and had to backtrack the whole damn way. Ouch

I've still got to cross one of the biggest region maps (hopefully though my base is where I think it is after not playing this for a while), then cross one of the most dangerous maps to find the new area transition before I can even look at the new content. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:48pm
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 8:29am
It's looking like not having Cyberpunk early is the right call, from what I'm reading about it.
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:59pm
If it gets patched properly it sounds like it could be excellent, but I'm still holding off. I'll be on the PS4 version, which apparently looks a bit shit on top of performance issues. Still, I'll give it time.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 3:15pm
Yeah, I'm 36 hours into it on PS4, and will pretty much just be rushing on Easy the rest of the way through, only doing key side quests and nothing else, because it is just a complete mess, right now. I still plan on doing a more thorough re-play on PS5, once I have it and once the game is fully patched, but right now it's borderline unplayable, glitching out more often than not, looking like garbage, and running at around 15-20 FPS in the open world, or during any intense actin sequences, it seems. The story is actually really good, though, and seeing it through is the only reason I'll even finish this playthrough without taking a break, because everything else is pretty much broken.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 4:22pm
It's sad to see how much CD Project Red's rep from the Witcher trilogy is being flushed down the toilet. 

Meanwhile Stardew Valley just dropped it's 1.5 content update. As if I needed an excuse to dive into that again. I've just about finished exhausting the new region of The Long Dark.

One day I may even play the games I bought in the last Steam summer sale. Or the classic winter sale even. 

I am terrible at buying interesting looking games in bulk in Steam sales and then never playing then and falling back on the old favourites. I was replaying the Mass Effect's recently until The Long Dark's update got me side-tracked. 

I must not buy anything this sale.

Anyone know any of the following titles? They're ones I've picked up in sales and barely looked at if at all. There's probably more than this like the final Telltale Walking Dead but I never finished three, can't recall much of two so probably should try to do them all in order. These three are just ones I have installed. 

Observer
The Bunker
Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:24pm
Nope, I know nothing of those games. 

I did my own Christmas shopping 'cos my missus hates shopping and never knows what to get me anyway, and have bought The Witcher III Game of the Year edition, having watched the TV series and worked through the audio books this year.

I love the old Mass Effects 2 and 3 - a couple of my favourite PS3 games. Hopefully the next one doesn't repeat the Andromeda fuck-ups.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

I have mainly been playing multiplayer shooters with my out of town buddies on saturday nights - lately: Battlefield 2 & Vietnam, Sven Co-Op, Deep Rock Galactic, left 4 dead, counterstrike 

Love DRP, I need to play it more often w/ my friends...and of course L4D is just a classic!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:40pm
I've played Man of Medan. And yeah, it's basically like The Walking Dead games, except it feels like a slasher film turned into a game. The same developer made Until Dawn, which is a better game, imo, though unfortunately that remains a PS4 exclusive. Man of Medan is still good, but feels a bit rushed. It has a sequel called Little Hope, which I haven't gotten around to yet, but I do have it, so I'll definitely have to try it at some point.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I did my own Christmas shopping 'cos my missus hates shopping and never knows what to get me anyway, and have bought The Witcher III Game of the Year edition, having watched the TV series and worked through the audio books this year.

Enjoy it. That game pretty much ruined most others that have come out since for me. 1239 hours logged on Steam and counting. 

Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

I love the old Mass Effects 2 and 3 - a couple of my favourite PS3 games. Hopefully the next one doesn't repeat the Andromeda fuck-ups.

I enjoyed Andromeda more than most seem to have. 

Played it through twice and it was definitely better the second time with some more patching done. Could walk around my own damn ship with less stuttering at least. LOL

Not a patch on 2 & 3 though. I have some issues with the original game, especially in the design of all areas of the game that aren't main missions. It gets tedious quickly driving the Mako over barren and bland planets and the fact that every ship, mine or building uses the same few basic layouts (a problem Bioware also had in games like Dragon Age 2 which despite two attempts I've never finished out of sheer boredom with the gameplay). 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8990919293 94>
  Share Topic