The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 9:14am
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

also , how are you liking skyrim jeff?

A hell of a lot! Big smile I'm taking a little break now since I beat the main quest, but I'll probably start again soon. It's soooo addictive! LOL
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 12:08am
also , how are you liking skyrim jeff?

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:53pm
I'll have to check that game out at some point! Unfortunately, the GameStop near me doesn't have any games pre-last gen, so I have to go elsewhere to get older games. Unhappy

Anyway, I started playing this tonight:

The first few levels were good (though one was really frustrating). I'll try and beat it tomorrow. Big smile
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:15pm
My favorite game for that system would have to be Small Soldiers.  One of my buddies convinced me that there were 99 levels in the campaign, but you could skip them by entering the right level code.  So we would spend basically all day pressing random buttons in the cheat menu to get to that elusive Level 99 the easy way.  So many great times on the PS1!
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 9:13pm
I just reviewed Spider-Man for those who are curious: http://www.gamespot.com/spider-man/user-reviews/786297/platform/ps/
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:45pm

Freddie Prinze Jr. did a much better job promoting Mass Effect 3 than the dudes from Bioware did.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:41pm
Today I decided to play (and incidentally also beat in one sitting) Spider-Man for the PS1:

While it's not flawless (the controls are occasionally a bit problematic), it brought back sooooo many memories. It was one of my favorite games when I was around 9 or 10, and it's still a fun (albeit very short) playthrough.

I have the second game on PS1 as well, so I might do that one soon.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Doomster Doomster wrote:

...I still really like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Does that make me a nerd? :P

(Oh, and for the record, I hate CoD.)

I was always ice climbers in meleeCool

Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 1:38am
It's not that I hate COD as a game, just it's fans. 50 percent of fans are 12 year olds not even old enough to play the game while the other half are rabid fanatics who go "Fuck all the classics like Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, etc. They suck, go play some real games like COD!" Again, it doesn't apply to all fans, just the majority of one's I've seen.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 7:45pm
I still like Call of Duty 1 and 2 (NOT Modern Warfare 1 and 2, the World War II ones).  And Super Smash Brawl making you nerdy?  Never heard of that.  I've been playing the FEAR series again, just for fun...2 and 3 aren't as scary as the first one.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 7:37pm
I don't like those games for single player experiences, but they're pretty fun as party games Smile

And yeah, most people hate CoD nowadays... I still like them a lot though. Big smileTongue
Doomster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doomster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 6:43pm
...I still really like Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Does that make me a nerd? :P

(Oh, and for the record, I hate CoD.)
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:43pm
I've officially armed up and base jumped into the chaos of Battlefield 3.  Got the limited edition version for the PS3 so I also get the Back to Karkand DLC free.  I also got a mic at long last.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:19pm
Holy shit, I've only played it for 13 hours! You guys are making me look like such a noob! LOL
Kingcrimsonprog View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingcrimsonprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:05pm
I've been playing Skyrim since November and I have just got the Platinum trophy tonight. I was an Argonian and mostly melee focused. By the end I had done 230 sidequests, 73 quests and played it for 158 hours.

I think that's me done with it until any seriously tempting DLC is relased. There were still about 5 or six quests I hadn't finished (Return To Your Roots and No Stone Unturned at a minimum) but I definitely think I've played it enough now.

I had about 5-10 game freezes, about 10ish weird misc glitches and 2 broken quests, but overall it was the least broken Bethesda RPG I've played yet.

It is a very good game which I enjoyed a lot, I would rate it very highly and am pleased with a lot of the creative and design decisions since Oblivion, ESPECIALLY the three-tiered autosave feature.

My Blog: http://kingcrimsonprog.wordpress.com/
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Still waiting on Mass Effect Diablo HL2 Episode 3.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:16pm
GTFO, man.
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 5:32pm

Still waiting on Mass Effect Diablo 3.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:28am

Still waiting on Mass Effect 3.

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:00pm
Been playing Uncharted 3 lately.  Online mode in that game is significantly improved from the second game.

Still waiting on Mass Effect 3.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 94>
  Share Topic