The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 4:45am
Accidentally broke my 6 month old game controller last night. Ouch

Wouldn't think a short fall would fuck it up so easily.

And guess which brainbox thought accidental damage cover wasn't worth the money?
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:51pm
So, a TV show based on Fallout has been announced. With no details other than they're doing it. I'm not getting too excited because lord knows when they'll be able to film anything again. 

When they do this I hope they just do their own story and not try to adapt the games. The games are based too much on choice and I just know that if they tried to adapt Fallout 3 or 4 they wouldn't match my experience right from the character creation point (because we all know they'll inevitable canonise the protagonist as male, which Fallout 4 itself was pretty heavy handed with).
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 12:48am
Just finally picked up the final season of TellTale's The Walking Dead. I lost interest in New Frontier in big part to playing it later than everyone else and the final season buggering off to the hell's of Epic exclusivity, but it's since made a Steam reappearance.

And now I find that I lost my saves of the whole series in the great hard drive failure of last year, so I'm either going to have to restart New Frontier with pre-determined choices or play the whole series through again. Seriously, fuck games that don't make use of the Steam cloud. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:08pm
Anyone played Life is Strange 2? Any good? I enjoyed the first one/prequel but haven't been able to get excited for the second one. Not sure if it's because of the character/setting change or because the first was so good the second is probably going to pale in comparison. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:32am
check out Deep Rock Galactic, excellent game
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:29am
Ah, the Steam sale, or as I call it the six monthly Steam breakdown, has arrived.

To be fair they did a lot better on the reliability front I think last time around it was, but they're making up for it now with not being able to even log-in. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 1:06am
Well I never thought I'd see the day: EA games have begun returning to Steam. Shocked
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:59am
I still have almost all of the original run of Lego games on PC (Pre-Lego Star Wars, when they started following the same base game for all future games) and also Lego Racers and Rock Raiders on the PS1. The Rock Raiders on my list is the PC version, which is a completely different game, a top-down strategy game that's kind of like Dungeon Keeper. I really like the PS1 version too though, only knock on that is that it only has password saves for some reason.
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:37am
I also had Lego Racers and Lego Island 2 on the PS1, which still bring back good memories but I don't miss owning them the way I do Rock Raiders. That was actually a game I played at a mate's first and was one of the games that made me want to get a PS1 (which remains the only PlayStation console I've ever owned). 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Only 5. 

Seeing Lego Rock Raiders is making me super nostalgic. I sold my copy some time ago but sometimes wish I still had it for the memories. It was one of those things I either sold or gave to charity during my 'I've outgrown that' phase. These days I'm more of the time that even if something is technically aimed at kids I shouldn't just dismiss it. I replayed some of the Pokemon handhelds last year and I'd forgotten what excellent turn based RPG's they actually were. 

I have a few gaming List Challenges available myself:

Yeah, despite being a kids game I still enjoy Rock Raiders every so often. It's still challenging later into the game. Definitely holds up better as an adult than all the other Lego games I played as a kid.

Only 1 on the 2019 list, 0 on the 20, and 2 on the favorites. Nice seeing The Third Age on there, I haven't played that in years. I should really pick it up sometime, only played it through the library probably a decade ago, remember it being really fun.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 12:46am
Only 5. 

Seeing Lego Rock Raiders is making me super nostalgic. I sold my copy some time ago but sometimes wish I still had it for the memories. It was one of those things I either sold or gave to charity during my 'I've outgrown that' phase. These days I'm more of the time that even if something is technically aimed at kids I shouldn't just dismiss it. I replayed some of the Pokemon handhelds last year and I'd forgotten what excellent turn based RPG's they actually were. 

I have a few gaming List Challenges available myself:

GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 10:33pm
Made a list for my favorite video games: 

Hot Wheels: Velocity X is easy as shit now (Lego Rock Raiders to a lesser extent), but it's too nostalgic for me to not include.

Edited by Unitron - 03 May 2020 at 10:34pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:39pm
Recently started playing Morrowind again. I was actually on a Skyrim run and began to reinstall Morrowind just so it was there, but I've ended up playing it now. Love Skyrim, but Morrowind has a nostalgia quality that few games can match. And every time I go back to it the Tamriel Rebuilt mod has added even more of the mainland Morrowind and I've still got all that to enjoy on this save. 
GG2U

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:13pm
I've been playing through The Sly Collection on PS3, played all of them on the PS2 as a kid, and they're still a lot of fun. The stealth/platformer hybrid works so well, and it makes me wish there were more games like that. Stealth is such a hard thing to make entertaining and engaging, especially considering most games today just tack it on, instead of focusing on it and honing it to make it slightly fast-paced without sacrificing the certain amount of patience needed for it. That's what I love about the Sly games, you often have to be stealthy, but it never feels like an endless waiting game, it keeps things moving.

Anyone have recs for PS3 games? I don't have many right now, but I'd like to know if there's some fun games I'm missing. I tend to like old school shooters (Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, stuff like that), action platformers? (Whatever the Ratchet and Clank games are), stealth platformers (If there are any besides Sly), arcade style racing games, and puzzle games the best.

Edited by Unitron - 01 Apr 2020 at 12:16pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Anybody planning on getting the new mount and blade?

Eventually but I don't plan to drop £32 on it when it's only an Early Access release. 
GG2U

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:34pm
I've been playing a bit of Kenshi lately, it's punishing in a fun way

Anybody planning on getting the new mount and blade?

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 11:03pm
I've been playing Heavy Rain recently. Old PS3 games have been going dirt cheap recently, so I grabbed a handful. I have always been interested in what it was all about, and I'm quite enjoying the interactive drama rather than just straight out gameplay. Loving the depth of the story, even if it is a bit dark.

I also recently completed the main story for Horizon Zero Dawn, and am playing through the DLC. Along the way I managed to Platinum it (my third platinum, after Skyrim and South Park: The Fractured But Whole). I loved the whole combat and crafting system they developed for HZD, although it gets a little unbalanced later in the game, because there seems to be an overabundance of resources. That's only a minor quibble.

I loved the depth of this story, and it's originality. There's nothing new about a post-apocalyptic setting, but the agent bringing about the apocalypse was a bit different. The mix of high tech and low tech was really good too. It's a quite amazing world the developers created there.

It was also refreshing to play as a female lead who was tough and smart, and didn't have enormous boobs, or scanty armour. It led me to tackle challenges by thinking about them a bit, instead of just bashing my way through brute force style as I would have with a tough guy male character.

It's definitely up there as one of my all time favourite games, along with Skyrim and the Grand Theft Auto series (I'm not picking just one of them!).
DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:59pm
I finished the second Borderlands 3 DLC, last night. The first one was fairly typical, in that it was quite solid, but nothing special. The second one, though, felt more inspired than most, though part of that may be that I loved the overall theme and setting, as well as generally liking both Hammerlock and Wainwright. The new characters in it were pretty much all fantastic, as well, and the best part: It brought back an old vault haunter I like (Gaige) without actually killing her off! That one was quite the shock, LOL
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 7:37am
Hero might be a stretch, but there is an irony in that Alduin certainly brings about his own doom with this simple act of rage.
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 12:28pm
Did you ever realise that the true hero of Skyrim is the one who saves the Dragonborn from getting beheaded at the start of the game? Who was that again? Oh right...

Tell me I'm wrong!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 94>
  Share Topic