Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psychotic Waltz reunited!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Psychotic Waltz reunited!!!
    Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 1:36am
It seems Psychotic Waltz have reunited and have begun recording demos for their next album. I�m a bit confused about the lineup info though???
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:32am
WOW!!! Big smile

Thats awesome!!! But I'm a bit confused about the members as well as it says this on the Home
Page at Face Book:
Members:
2010 Norman Leggio Drums, Brian McAlpin Guitar,
Steve Cox Guitar, Ward Evans Bass, 

Dan Rock Guitar, Phil Cuttino Bass, Buddy Lackey
Vocals
Curiously the bottom list is seperated from the names on top, are they "guest" players??? Or
did someone not know how to "format" LOL (like me!).
I read somewhere that Devon Graves (a.k.a. "Buddy Lackey") was the one that instigated the
idea of reuniting the band, but the other members would not respond . . .
I guess their was a change of heart.

Cool to see my 2 friends from prOgulus.com showing thier "Like" for the news, as they are
fellow PW fanatics Smile.  Hi Dario (Progressive Lunatic/PL) and Nick (Satanic)!!!Rawks
Thanx for the news UMUR!

"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 7:17am
From the look of it neither Buddy Lackey nor Dan Rock is in the current lineup???. That doesn�t sound too promising IMO. While the other members of the band were also important for the band�s sound I think those two are THE most important part of what made Psychotic Waltz such a unique act.

To be honest I�m a bit worried.Ermm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 1:32pm
If Buddy and Dan are in the lineup, this should be one of the most surprising years for you, Jonas! A reunited Atheist AND Psychotic Waltz. Big smile

Although, if those two members aren't present, I think I'm with you Jonas. It won't be the same at all...
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

From the look of it neither Buddy Lackey nor Dan Rock is in the current lineup???. That doesn�t sound too promising IMO. While the other members of the band were also important for the band�s sound I think those two are THE most important part of what made Psychotic Waltz such a unique act.

To be honest I�m a bit worried.Ermm

Completely agree, there's no way they'll be the same band. I wish they'd have just let things be, but who knows maybe it'll be awesome! (but probably not)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

If Buddy and Dan are in the lineup, this should be one of the most surprising years for you, Jonas! A reunited Atheist AND Psychotic Waltz. Big smile

Although, if those two members aren't present, I think I'm with you Jonas. It won't be the same at all...

It�s pretty crazy really! Two of my favorite acts have reunited and are working on albums. It doesn�t get much better than that.Big smile
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 5:47pm
Cry Pretty sad it would be without Dan . . . but without Devon? My God! He's the "Voice!"

I've got Athiest, Special Defects, Watchtower, Forbidden, INC. and who knows - "Sabbat" (u.k.)
to look forward to as well Big smile! (with slim chances of Realm, Powermad and another album
from the re-united Confessor).  And if anyone remembers the Tech-Thrash Band Psychosis
(members now in the Tech-Thrash/Math Metal Band Prototype) are shopping around their 3
song demo (which I have and is great!), while Prototype are also working on a Sci-Fi Concept
Album Thumbs Up.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 29 Aug 2010 at 5:47pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

It�s pretty crazy really! Two of my favorite acts have reunited and are working on albums. It doesn�t get much better than that.Big smile

Needless to say, this was your year Jonas. Hopefully that means 2011 will be my year... and I demand an Edge of Sanity reunion!! Tongue
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:37am
Well Dan only needs to call Benny. The other members don�t matter much for the sound IMO.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 3:00am
Bingo!

Heres the Article I read about Devon and PW back in 2009, so alot could have happened
since then:
http://www.bravewords.com/news/125391

" Posted on Monday, November 02, 2009 at 07:40:08 EST

In a recent interview to Rocking.gr, Devon Graves discusses about the past, the present and the future of his music career.

Devon closes the chapter of a possible PSYCHOTIC WALTZ reunion, claiming that it would take a miracle to happen. �I have tried over and over again to make it happen. We were offered 20,000 Euros for a single concert. So if that couldn�t convince those guys, then I don�t think anything will.�

He also refers to the end of DEADSOUL TRIBE, while he praises his new band The Shadow Theory, as well as his new bandmates.

In addition, Demi Scott, keyboardist and composer of The Shadow Theory, for the first time tells the story behind the formation of the new supergroup, making an introduction to what we are about to listen and raising the bar high.

The Shadow Theory lineup includes Krisstofer Gildenlow (ex-PAIN OF SALVATION), Mike Terrana (ex-RAGE, TARJA, MASTERPLAN, MALMSTEEN, MCALPINE) and guitarist Arne Schuppner. "

Ermm

Personally, I think Brian McAlpin, Buddy Lackey (Devon Graves), Dan Rock, Norm Leggio,  and Ward
Evans had a "sound" that made them who they infamously are.  I just checked out their "official" site
and it hasnt been touched since 2006!:
http://www.psychoticwaltz.com/

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 7:49am

Well Dan only needs to call Benny. The other members don�t matter much for the sound IMO.

That's pretty true. Benny is one hell of a drummer, though! Clap
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:16am
Awesome news but not one to hold your breath for I guess!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 12:42pm
Yeah I�m already a bit disappointed and that�s not a very good start now is it!

I hope they prove me so wrong and blow my mind.Smile

Edited by UMUR - 30 Aug 2010 at 12:42pm
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:37pm
All I can say is YES!!!
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 2:31am
Great to see them back but I wish Devon and other original members returned. Still a nice surprise for sure!
GLAM METAL!
scurvydog View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 9:03pm
Try going to their Facebook page:Psychotic WaltzOFFICIAL. There's a posting from the band as of a couple of hours ago that should make things more clearRawks
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 1:57am
Thanks man! Hell yeah!!!

Psychotic Waltz OFFICIAL There is only one right guy...DEVON GRAVES.
PW 2010
Vocals: Devon Graves
Guitar: Brian McAlpin
Guitar: Steve Cox
...Bass: Ward Evans
Drums: Norman Leggio

It's Official!!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:01am
Nigh on the original line up!

Boy am I gonna have a smile on my face for along while waiting for this one!

Maybe thats why Deadsoul Tribe are no more.

....Q.  Will Devon be Devon or Buddy? LOL
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:01am
Originally posted by scurvydog scurvydog wrote:

Try going to their Facebook page:Psychotic WaltzOFFICIAL. There's a posting from the band as of a couple of hours ago that should make things more clearRawks

You really from El Cajon?

If so, you have a connection to the band?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 2:02am
I guess he�ll be Devon now or maybe just ?WinkBig smile

I�ll still miss Dan Rock though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic