MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mike Portnoy's 1986 Recording. Have you heard it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mike Portnoy's 1986 Recording. Have you heard it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LoudTrax.com View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoudTrax.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike Portnoy's 1986 Recording. Have you heard it?
    Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 9:03am
Hey Guys,

i saw on our 2010 release schedule an album by "S.A. Adams" that includes Mike Portnoy.  I will start by making a disclaimer that our site (along with the other download sites) has the album available for download.  I am posting this to see what you guys think of it and how many of you have heard it.

Below is the press release we received for the album:  

i am anxious to hear it and to hear what you guys think of it!
AM

Press Release:
EMA-Polydisc has acquired the rights to release all past and future recordings of  S.A. Adams; debuting with "Unearthed"- the never-before-released 1986 recordings by Adams and Dream Theater / Avenged Sevenfolds Mike Portnoy - recorded between December 28, 1985 and January 11, 1986 at Mike Portnoy's Long Beach apartment. Citing the influence of bands such as MOT�RHEAD, EXCITER, RAVEN, early MEGADETH, VENOM and TANK, Adams, in an early 2006 press release warns "The material on "Unearthed"  is definitely NOT progressive rock/prog-stuff � it's serious sledgehammer-in-the-balls metal. No odd & changing time signatures for anyone here." Originally scheduled for release that spring of 2006, "Unearthed" had to find another "home" due to the original release label's bankruptcy.

The "Unearthed" sessions were intended to supplement Adams & Portnoy's June 30th, 1985 recording a nine song demo/cassette album financed by Kick Ass Monthlyjournalist Bob Muldowney, who tapped Adams to produce a catalog of music Muldowney was to sing his own penned lyrics over. Aside from including lyrical content that even managed to offend other underground metal fanzines, the recording generated a contract offer from Combat Record's "Boot Camp" Series.  "Wanting to make sure we could fulfill the content obligations, a plan was implemented to stockpile as much music as possible; which Mike & I accomplished that winter.  However, once I saw the enslavement papers, I mean, contract, the project got put aside." A few weeks later, Portnoy informed  Adams that he'd be putting all his energy into his new band MAJESTY, leaving Adams to dabble with these multi-track masters throughout the late '80s and begin the solo career he still enjoys today.   
LoudTrax.com - Rock, Metal, Punk downloads
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image