MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheers!
    Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:40am
Hello there!

Boy, it's been years since I've last even visited a forum, let alone register to one.

So how's everybody doing? Well, I trust?

I've just wracked my brain for about 30 minutes trying to figure what to write down here, and I think now I understand the idea of writer's block. Sorry about that.

See you around!

Ulf
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:45am
Welcome Smile After so many years what was it that made you register here?
<- Click on this!
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:50am
Hey! Welcome to the site. You picked a great forum to sign up to, I assure you

Hope to see you around the site, and hope you enjoy it.

-Joel
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:50am
Welcome to MMASmile. Great to have you here. Don�t get discouraged is you find that the forum seem a bit slow at times. MMA is still in a building process.

The database is still far from finished being error checked too, so if you feel like it, any help with reporting missing albums, cover artwork and that sort of thing is always greatly appreciated.

See you around.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:16am
@Pekka: Hope. Blind, mindless hope. The forums I used to frenquent, and have gone dead since, allowed me to interact with a lot of different and worthy people, and I've had quite a lot to learn from them. From philosophical debates to idle chit-chat, the experience was quite pleasant, and I regretted the downfall of forums. So, I'm here hoping to find something similar, fighting the facebook/twitter "i am currently eating eggs" trend. I also like metal, so there we are.

@progkidjoel: I plan on both being around and enjoying it.

@UMUR: I'll help wherever I can. For the moment, I'm just trying to get a feel for the community.

Thank you all for the replies!

Edited by Ulfednar - 18 Aug 2010 at 6:17am
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:15am
Always great to get new people here, welcome! We happen to share the same favourite metal genre, so I guess we'll meet in the Black Metal drop-in centre at least, heh!

By the way, just me being curious, how did you find this place in the first place? Big smile Would be cool to know because this site doesn't have much publicity around the Net yet.

Edited by Vehemency - 18 Aug 2010 at 7:26am
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:56am
Welcome! I've already seen some of your posts, and it's always good to get another person here posting. Thumbs Up
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:31am
@Vehemency: I was just out smoking on the office balcony, when all of a sudden I hear this squeaking, whispering voice repeating "metalmusicarchives.com! metalmusicarchives.com!". As I turn around, there was, quite predictably, nobody there. Ecstatic at discovering that Dani Filth was, in fact, not standing behind me (which is always good news; no matter what happens in life, I think to myself "oh well, but at least Dani Filth isn't standing right behind me"), I figured, hell, might as well type this into the whole Firefox thingie and see what happens.

You know, either that or a friend told me. I don't know how he got here himself, but I'm willing to bet that either the whole Dani Filth incident happened to him (which would be odd, as he doesn't smoke), or some friend told him as well. It's all a loop after that.

@topofsm: Are you calling me a poster? Oh, no, wait, "poster" and "poser" are not the same thing. Cheers!

P.S. I fancy myself funny.
Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 9:44am
Welcome aboard! Good to see more people joining. Smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:59am
Look out here comes Dani FilthBig smile.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:40am
Great to see more members joining.  It's a small community now, but lots of quality people here.  Welcome! Smile
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:57pm
Welcome!
kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:15pm
willkommen !
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 5:53am
Bun venit Big smile
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 5:39pm

Rawksreal metal, norwegian black metal (not my favourite thoug, but like it) Dimmu Borgir, In Sorte Diabloical, Vreid, Gorgoroth, Ulver, yeah, but im not hard core black fan, more Mastodon and core metal, melodic core metal, but also death and progressive,

welcome to the site off headbanging trolls, we are quite friendly and do not bite. but feel welcome...
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 5:36am
welcome to the forum and site, friend :)
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 6:14am
Check out my snazzy new sigpic! Yeah, baby!

Thanks, everyone!

Basically just a test post to check if the siggie thing works. It does. Yay!

Edited by Ulfednar - 26 Aug 2010 at 6:15am
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 7:10am
Hi Ulfednar

What are the cities like in Romania? Never been there. 
GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic