Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Current obsessions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 2:35am
Yes, always liked Opeth but last few months I have been honestly obsessed.
Love all their albums.

How more recently, last week or two I have been HOOKED on Agalloch.
Today was great, sat down in the woods while it was raining listening to "The Mantle"
It was beautiful
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 3:17am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

How more recently, last week or two I have been HOOKED on Agalloch.
Today was great, sat down in the woods while it was raining listening to "The Mantle"
It was beautiful
The most brilliant musical experiences happen in such environments, IMO - I can't underestimate the feeling when listening to atmospheric, fitting music in the midst of nature. A couple years ago I did that on almost daily basis, no matter if it's -20C (except that I already broke one ipod in that use) or rainy or whatever, heh. Now it's reduced to maybe once every two weeks. Happy to live in the middle of forests and lakes, so to speak.

And Agalloch indeed works very well in such environment. ;-)
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 3:39am
Heh....sadly where I live is quite a congested town.
Best I got is a park and going off a walkway as far as I could into the trees
Still found a nice isolated spot.

And I have a love affair with Finland! I wish I lived there! Not only for its awesomeness but its forests LOL

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 4:18am
A little forest begins from this house's backyard already. Haven't used that place for musical pleasures though, just played a lot there as a child. I tend to go farther from home when listening to music, also a nice exercise since I don't do any jogging, as some of my trips might take a couple of hours. LOL Going to miss the silence here when I move to a bigger city next summer probably.

Edited by Vehemency - 23 Aug 2010 at 4:19am
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Heh....sadly where I live is quite a congested town.
Best I got is a park and going off a walkway as far as I could into the trees
Still found a nice isolated spot.

And I have a love affair with Finland! I wish I lived there! Not only for its awesomeness but its forests LOL

That's about the same case for me! The most atmospheric thing I'll get in suburban Philadelphia is a highway or townhomes. LOLErmm
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 8:38am
Been really into Key recently, the band that has appeared in at least two threads here already, heh... Simple neofolk/pop and most importantly: sloppy, honest playing! These guys can't really sing properly and the acoustic guitar is sometimes terribly out of tune, but that all adds to the charm, not to forget the lo-fi production = perfect for my ears! I don't know if something is wrong with me when I enjoy things that aren't "right" at all. Also, really intricate artwork both in the full-length CD booklet and the handcrafted wooden box indluding three tapes. Magical stuff! A sample to be found here.

Edited by Vehemency - 01 Sep 2010 at 8:39am
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:11am
I'm going through a big Opeth Phase, especially Still Life... just so good.
CCVP View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCVP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:14am
Rediscovering Pantera and other thrash bands I left aside for some time.
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

I'm going through a big Opeth Phase, especially Still Life... just so good.

I am always in an Opeth phase!

I am finally starting to move out of that non stop Agalloch phase.

Been way into Thrash Metal lately.
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, some Anthrax, Annihilator, Exodus to name a fewWink

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 3:56am
Never can go wrong with Clandestine Blaze. Again got inspired to go through his records since there's a new album "Falling Monuments" to be released late 2010 / early 2011 it seems. One of the most anticipated releases of the year for me. Last album came out in 2006 which easily ended up being a highlight of the year. For once, a record of which I can say "can't wait!".

Meanwhile...

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 4:03pm
I'm mostly obsessed by the new Star One album at the moment. I was expecting a solid album but in truth I think it's a masterpiece, easily the best of 2010 for me.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:40pm
Still obsessed by Pain of Salvation.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:45pm
Lately I've been really into Wu-Tang Clan. I really despise most rap with a burning passion, but I absolutely adore Enter the Wu-Tang. Probably a 5-star album from me. I've been discovering some of their other albums and spin-offs, but none of them have captured me like this charming debut has. Any other Wu-Tang fans here?
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

I'm mostly obsessed by the new Star One album at the moment. I was expecting a solid album but in truth I think it's a masterpiece, easily the best of 2010 for me.

Another great album from Arjen & co! Clap
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Lately I've been really into Wu-Tang Clan. I really despise most rap with a burning passion, but I absolutely adore Enter the Wu-Tang. Probably a 5-star album from me. I've been discovering some of their other albums and spin-offs, but none of them have captured me like this charming debut has. Any other Wu-Tang fans here?
Their stuff is pretty funny, but i still can't get over the idea that they are rap.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by The Block The Block wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Their stuff is pretty funny, but i still can't get over the idea that they are rap.

LOL Like I've told you many times at school... it's just about the only rap group I'll listen to with a lot of enjoyment.
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:28pm
I'll have to listen to more and see if my mind changes.Big smile

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 6:34pm

Interesting lyrics, too...
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 7:08am
Star One is one awesome album, so glad that I bought it.

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Vehemency Vehemency wrote:

Never can go wrong with Clandestine Blaze. Again got inspired to go through his records since there's a new album "Falling Monuments" to be released late 2010 / early 2011 it seems. One of the most anticipated releases of the year for me. Last album came out in 2006 which easily ended up being a highlight of the year. For once, a record of which I can say "can't wait!".
And it's finally out.

And it's fucking brilliant. Those who have heard CB's previous outputs, don't be put off by this album, it's no longer Darkthrone / Celtic Frost worship so heavily. Lots of dissonant melody and innovation. I love it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic