MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long time metal head here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long time metal head here
    Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:07am
Anyone here from good ol PA may know me as JJ...

This was actually my first ever avatar when I was known by a different name as well.
Rawks

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 09 Aug 2010 at 12:08am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:09am
I'd been wondering why you're not here already, welcome Wink
<- Click on this!
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:18am
Honestly, just never got around to it. Unlike prog...I never used a website for metal since my knowledge is already quite vast. I may be good with prog-metal but with metal overall. I'd like to think I am god
or satan!

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:21am
Ah, so you were the inspiration behind The Number of the Beast cover?
<- Click on this!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:26am
I dont want to brag....
Also, perhaps a bit quick of me, but any idea how I could go about becoming a team member? Hopefully thrash or death metal.
Metal will always be a bit closer to me than prog and I plan to write a ton of reviews (know much more about metal than prog).
Anyway, will check out this site and start reviewing.

Keep rockin Rawks

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:31am
I see you've got a bunch of metal reviews in PA that you could import Thumbs Up Just edit them to exclude the "this is not prog, hence this number of stars" like I just saw in the Opiate review.

We've just had a lot of problems with collabs that were eager to participate and soon dropped off the radar without saying anything, so if we see that you're really sticking around, it's very very possible to have you in the teams Smile Though the thrash/death teams are pretty much the only ones that have some good active people already. I haven't been too active with my responsibilities...
<- Click on this!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I see you've got a bunch of metal reviews in PA that you could import Thumbs Up Just edit them to exclude the "this is not prog, hence this number of stars" like I just saw in the Opiate review.

We've just had a lot of problems with collabs that were eager to participate and soon dropped off the radar without saying anything, so if we see that you're really sticking around, it's very very possible to have you in the teams Smile Though the thrash/death teams are pretty much the only ones that have some good active people already. I haven't been too active with my responsibilities...

I could do that. Would save some time. But tweaking will be involved. Also, I am dying to review Megadeth, Slayer, Nevermore, Necrophagist and a ton of non prog-metal bands. (Those I've been listening to as of late).

And thanks. Like I said, making a team here would actually mean something to me so I'll get on it.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 2:31am
Hi and welcome to the site!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 2:47am
Thank You!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:17am
Welcome to the siteSmile. And don�t worry we always have room for one more on the death and thrash metal teams ( there are still tons of work to be done) if you prove that you�re enthusiastic about team work ( and I emphasise work here, because being a team member includes a lot of work with editing artist and album entries, adding new album releases, evaluating suggestions and so forth). As Pekka said we don�t promote people right away though, but if you stick around an remain active it�s very likely that you�ll have a chance of becoming a team member. You should post your application here: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=286
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:33am
Iiiiiiiit's JJ.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:39am
ACYL! And you have that cat avatar! Smile

And thanks UMUR
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 3:43am
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

ACYL! And you have that cat avatar! Smile

Yes, so it must be.
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 6:37am
Hello JJ, and welcome to MMASmile! By all means import your reviews from PA, editing them whenever it's necessary - we all did that, since our PA reviews are likely to contain references to prog that do not apply here. Anyway, as regards genre team work, I believe Pekka and Jonas have already said it all... Unfortunately, at the beginning of the site's activity we were flooded with people wanting to be collabs, and now more than half of them have dropped off the radar (including two out of four Admins). This is why we tread carefully, even with people we know well.
Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:04am
Welcome to MMA, Brian! Smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 9:19am
Welcome aboard! Are there many Scotsmen from New Jersey? Wink
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 6:41pm
Well, I am already impersonating a Finnish man on PA, why not impersonate a Scottish one?
I like to keep my musical brain divided between prog and metal of course, hence my multiple personalities LOL
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 6:56pm
iiiiiiiiiiiiis JJ!
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Iiiiiiiit's JJ.

Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

iiiiiiiiiiiiis JJ!

I sense a pattern here.
I suppose yall can call me JJ, or Brian....but keep in mind this is my alter ego for this site. LOL
Oh, and I have a lot of class work to do these next few days. But on thursday I should be free to review. And I got a lot I'd to do for that!

Edited by The Angry Scotsman - 09 Aug 2010 at 7:06pm
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 7:07pm
JJ is shorter, therefore you are JJ. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic